Hi All

Guest Joe Greer

Guest Joe Greer

Hi All,

Just joined today and am intrested in moving to Adelaide from Brisi been here for 2 years but work is too tight in the Construction Industy to continue, my better half Leanne has done better she is a dental nurse and worked since she arrived my wee bhoys Sean 8.5 and Connor 7 have done well at school.

I hope Adelaide has treated you well please feel free to respond and tell me your sucess stories.

Cheers Joe

From Glasgow

Hi Things have been slow here for a while there is a few big jobs starting but mostly civil work road extensions etc housing has dropped of a lot so a lot of competition for work.Have a look on seek Adelaide. http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=31&SearchFrom=quick&Keywords=&location=1007&industry=1206 might be something on there for you.

Hi Joe and welcome to the site. Have you visited Adelaide before? Might be worth a short family holiday and spend some time having a chat with some local firms. A friend of mine lives up in Queensland and has said how thin on the ground work is up there, but you may find the same in Adelaide - it can be a bit cliquey sometimes, but if you're prepared to wear out a bit of shoe leather and get out and chat to people, that may make all the difference.

Guest Rochesdownunder

HI Joe ,Works is hard to come by here at the moment as a chippie A friend of ours is here since last november and not a sign of work yet. Kids love it here and Oh dose too I am finally starting to settle It would be a lot quieter here than in Brisbane Good luck.