New to this page!!

Guest GWENNO

hi

we move to Adelaide in July with kids, we will be staying in the southern suburbs, it is a difficult decision to where is best until you get out there and see places for yourself, south is where we will stay but which suburb is difficult even after much intense research, it also depends on yourself as a family on what you are willing to put up with such as travel to work, type of school, cost of living especially property etc. south has many nice places i know i won't shift from my decision on that i have been to adelaide and seen how nice south is but it has grown and developed but still looks fab, i have friend there too. good luck

hi

we move to Adelaide in July with kids, we will be staying in the southern suburbs, it is a difficult decision to where is best until you get out there and see places for yourself, south is where we will stay but which suburb is difficult even after much intense research, it also depends on yourself as a family on what you are willing to put up with such as travel to work, type of school, cost of living especially property etc. south has many nice places i know i won't shift from my decision on that i have been to adelaide and seen how nice south is but it has grown and developed but still looks fab, i have friend there too. good luck

All very true, and we love the southerb burbs too. But, it is certainly very different to living in or near the city. On the odd occasion we venture up to the CBD or places like Westlakes, Glenelg etc... we are always struck as to how it feels like a different way of life. Where to settle, is definetly a decision to be made when you are already here IMHO.

All the best with whatever you decide.

Paul

All very true, and we love the southerb burbs too. But, it is certainly very different to living in or near the city. On the odd occasion we venture up to the CBD or places like Westlakes, Glenelg etc... we are always struck as to how it feels like a different way of life. Where to settle, is definetly a decision to be made when you are already here IMHO.

All the best with whatever you decide.

Paul

yep i guess that will be the most mind boggling bit of migration which is the best suburb to settle. i can imagine how it plays with peoples minds over and over LOL

Guest PaulandVicky

Gwenno,

What type of area do you live in now? The city, suburbs small town, etc. if you are happy with that. Then look for somewhere in SA that is a similar size and distance from the city.

Regards,

Hi,

we live in a village in north wales at the moment about 15-20 min from the city. i would like a quiet location but also close to a few aminities

Port Noarlunga and its surrounding suburbs may be a good place to look at. It is about 30 minutes from the city and has pretty much every amenity you could wish for. Plus, it's not a bad place in the world to be living.

Paul

Guest Barney Rubble

Then again there is the Hills, Mount Barker, Woodside, Stirling or Nairne :unsure:

A trip onto the freeway and your into the city in about 25 mins ?

As posted above, plenty to chose from and you'll enjoy the weekends looking around.

We started at Willaston (past Gawler, North) and was ready to look at Perth.

Went out most days looking, then South on the weekends (packed lunch and a water bottle) and eventually settled in the 'not-so-North-as-Gawler' North :wink:.

Summing it up in one word, choice.

You are lucky, you/we all have a choice so don't rush, we won't run out of houses :nah:

Then again there is the Hills, Mount Barker, Woodside, Stirling or Nairne :unsure:

A trip onto the freeway and your into the city in about 25 mins ?

As posted above, plenty to chose from and you'll enjoy the weekends looking around.

We started at Willaston (past Gawler, North) and was ready to look at Perth.

Went out most days looking, then South on the weekends (packed lunch and a water bottle) and eventually settled in the 'not-so-North-as-Gawler' North :wink:.

Summing it up in one word, choice.

You are lucky, you/we all have a choice so don't rush, we won't run out of houses :nah:

Amen to that. Plenty of choice, plenty of different characteristics, although I know what a draw the beachside 'burbs are to migrating Brits!

Jim