Hello!! What to do?

Guest Emmylou23

Guest Emmylou23

So we lived on the Gold Coast for a couple of years came home and 18 months in think we want to come back (we have PR till May 2014)? Can't decide between Adelaide and Perth so who out there would like to sell Adelaide to us?

I'm a nurse with an ICU/Acute Medical background currently training as a health visitor (not sure the community is the place for me). OH is a carpenter but would prefer to try something else (dunno what though).

Would like to know where's good to live, house prices, ease of getting a job??? And the list goes on.

Look forward to hearing from you!!

Emma

Well nurses can usually get jobs, you could in the interim sign up for agency to suss out the hospitals. If you are doing community nursing then you could apply to the RDNS. The biggest ICUs are the Royal Adelaide and Flinders. Lyell Mac has an ICU and I think the Queen Elizabeth still has one. A few of the privates have them too, like Wakefield, Ashford. The Repat also has a small ICU. The Womens and Childrens has the only Paed ICU. House prices depends on what you are looking for and what kind of area you want to live in, i.e. how far away from work etc. If you OH is a carpenter then he could be working anywhere round Adelaide. Adelaide is easy to get round, has quick access to the hills, beaches and country. It's not as brash as the Gold Coast and it may seem quiet until you have built yourself a life style. It's only an hour to Melbourne, two to Sydney by air and fares are not too bad, if you wanted to go interstate for the weekend. Give us more info about the life style you are looking for and we might be able to say more.

Adelaide: gorgeous, clean, friendly city, potential to have an adventure and meet new friends, some brilliant sights to see and places to visit (wildlife parks, zoo, mountains, vineyards, etc)

Australia: great attitude to work/ life balance, fantastic weather, more public holidays, better pay...

I'm not saying that there aren't any negatives to living here (there's going to be some where ever you go), but it is a fantastic city to live in!!

Guest Emmylou23

Thanks all! We like the outdoors, camping, fishing, cycling etc. Wouldn't mind living near the beach or hills. And don't mind up to a 30-45min commute for the right job/place to live. Think I'm keen to get back to the hospital seeting workwise as prefer working shifts and the variety hospital work gives.

We've been looking at Christie Beach as a few people on here seem to mention it, any thoughts on what that area is like (house prices too) and other areas like it. How far from hospitals like the Royal Adelaide and Flinders?

BW Mxxx