Hello!

sinob

Hi there,

I'm new to this site since yesterday but have already found so many answers to my questions so thank you!

We are in the middle of the process. My OH is a Software Tester and we've had our SS approved for SA. Waiting for the IELTS results tomorrow so that we can proceed with our 176 application. He found the IELTS quite hard even though he is a native English speaker, so we are prepared for him to have to re-sit it. We think we have all the docs ready to upload, but I'm sure we will find we have completely missed out on something!

I'm sure I'll need to call on the expertise and advice of the members on this site before long. At the moment we are quite anxious about the application process and REALLY want to get to the other side so we can plan our new life! We'll still be poor but at least it'll be in a warmer climate!:smile:

Hopefully some day I'll be in the position to help and advise on the whole process!

Hi there

Just a quick thing, it may have changed but here goes. If your other half has failed his IELTS and you have already got state sponsorship, you should not have to re-sit it unless you really want to. That was how it worked two years ago anyway. Apologies if it has changed and am giving you duff info:goofy:

Hi niknjas,

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately we are in a position where we have 60 points for the points test and need another five so if he has proof of English language ability from IELTS that will give us 10 - 20 points. So fingers crossed :unsure: Do appreciate the advice though.

Hello and welcome to the forum :smile:

Chris.

Thanks Chris!

We lodged our application last Sat so now we just have to wait. It's kind of a relief to get to this stage as there's nothing more we can do but wait and see! Hopefully it will all work out.

Thanks for the welcome!