hello all ;)

Guest lady 76

Guest lady 76

hello all my name is Gayle, my husband me and 4 children are really interested in emigrating to south Adelaide, we have a few friends who have done this. 1st problem being my eldest daughter being 9 and from a previous marriage will not give consent ( have not asked as of yet but know the out come ) We are going to Manchester to a seminar next Sunday to found out all, Can anyone give a quick run through the process of all starting at the beginning as i would be very grateful, i know i'm probably looking at going to court for them to say i can move with my daughter and have spoken to a few people and know i'm looking at a great cost but believe it will be worth it! Myself i am a mental health nurse and my other half a sports teacher, are our chances looking good? any advice will be very much appreciate:smile:d x

Guest julie2010

Hi Gayle,

Im also in a similar position to you. I have two children from a previous marriage (aged 8 and 6) and he is currently saying no. Unfortunately I am a few steps behind you I am in my first year of training to be a Mental Health Nurse so we are leaving the court case till another 2 years down the line. I know its possibly with a good case however I have no idea of costs just yet. It was only yesterday I emailed a link from a case in March 2011 to my ex showing the top family judge in the country had allowed the children to go as long as they had access to a return visit each year and SKYPE etc. We also have family in S Adelaide so are hoping to head there. It would be nice to keep in touch in the future if you dont mind as Im sure our journeys will be pretty similar.

PS Sorry I cant be of much use to you right now but I can share your feelings.

Julie