Hello from Student Mental Health Nurse + 4 extras!

Guest julie2010

Guest julie2010

Just thought it was about time I introduced myself, Iv been a long term lurker. Our aim has been to move to Adelaide for several years although its only just becoming a reality for us.

Originally we were going to wait until my partner had qualified with the OU as an Engineer however as things have been hard for us (3 years later he is still only 1/2 way through his degree) with 2 kids and a baby and a period of sickness I decided to take the plunge and follow my heart into Mental Health nursing. The journey began for me around 18 months ago when I decided to put myself first for a change. At last minute I through together my UCAS application and suprisingly got offered several locations. We were living in Blackpool but family trying to hold us back we decided to relocate, hoping it would get our families used to the distance before we emigrated properly. We chose Nottingham University and in Sept 2011 I started my course. Its still early days, with another 2 1/2 years to go before I qualify and an ex husband to convince (or a court if needs be) before we can apply for visas but for me our dream finally looks like there is an end date in sight!

I might not have time for regular posts but I look forward to reading about other peoples journeys and for all the people already living the dream, keep posting as it reminds me why I am working so hard!

Hopefully be in Oz around 2015

Julie

Guest ladyarkles

Hi Julie!

Welcome to PIA.

Sounds like you have a couple of years of hard work ahead of you!

I'm a relative newbie here in Adelaide, but I already love it and am enjoying the change of lifestyle.

Good luck with all of your studies and applications and see you in 2015!

~ Rachel