Holiday August / September 2012 ... Adelaide area

Guest The Lone E-Mailer

Guest The Lone E-Mailer

Hi ...

I am from the UK and new to this site, so please forgive my ignorance on any ensuing matter herein. I list below a summary of my brief history of personal circumstances ...

1.. Retired December 2010 age 63 years (with a female companion)

2.. My only child is married to an Oztralian girl (September 2001). They now have 2 'kids' and live in Adelaide. I was at their wedding and have visited them each year on holiday ever since (2011 excepted)

3.. I am hoping to put in an aged parent visa application for residency later this year and that issue is 'ongoing'

Since my Oztralian family now have their 2 'kids' my last 2 visits (2008 & 2009) have meant that me and my companion have had to find alternative accommodation. All my previous visits have been around 3 weeks in duration due to UK work commitments. Now I no longer work for a living I want to come out this time for around 8 weeks, but maybe more or maybe less, who knows!! The question is this .... Do any of you 'guys' out there know of a place where I can privately rent for this length of time around the Adelaide area? This could be just about anything reasonably priced (eg Caravan, Lodge, Apartment, House, Bungalow etc). Anything considered but needs to have 2 bedrooms. That's basically it. I'm coming over around the end August or early September this year. NB: My accommodation in 2008 & 2009 was sourced for me by my daughter in law BUT this time I'm trying for myself due to the extra weeks I'm now looking for.

Cheers from a currently snowbound UK - 05/02/2012

Have you considered house-sitting? As you're coming out in the UK summer time there may be someone who is off on their hols to Europe from here around that time and needs someone to house/pet sit. I know there are a couple of sites where you can register to do this, I will have a look and see what I can find and repost if I get any links.

Alternatively, in addition to the places mentioned by Ian above, you could try the section on here where people with furnished rentals put up their stuff - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/links/short-term-furnished-rentals-48/ and http://www.realestateowners.net.au

Have you considered house-sitting? As you're coming out in the UK summer time there may be someone who is off on their hols to Europe from here around that time and needs someone to house/pet sit. I know there are a couple of sites where you can register to do this, I will have a look and see what I can find and repost if I get any links.

Alternatively, in addition to the places mentioned by Ian above, you could try the section on here where people with furnished rentals put up their stuff - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/links/short-term-furnished-rentals-48/ and www.realestateowners.net.au

Hi Lone E-Mailer

The house sitting is a great idea but would advise asking for recommendations before booking short term rentals.

Good luck