SA SS Applied for... now in the waiting game ...

hannybabe

In June we started the process of applying for migration to South Australia. We have a completed skills application (Primary Teacher) and my husband sat the IELTS test (very successfully with a score of 9!) Having completed the sponsorship application and submitted the supporting docs we are now awaiting a response from SA whenever it arrives... (We are applying for a 176) We are now completing the VISA application and we hope to be submitting the papers long before the new process comes into play in July.

Am I being too optimistic thinking we could be there Sept/ Oct 2012?? We are very excited - been planning this for 6 years... Dd1 is very much looking forward to it but Dd2 is oblivious at 2!

Thanks a lot and good luck to y'all!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Congrats, and welcome - the SA SS stage we found by far the most nail biting (apart from dealings with shipping companies, but that's a whole other story lol), after that its plain sailing :D

Current DIAC CO allocation times for 176s is within 4 weeks of lodging, and if you are pretty straightforward should all go through pretty speedy like (think ours was something like 19 days door to door last August). We got our stickers put in our passports at Oz house last week (as we were in London anyway) and the chap behind the counter said they do process them at different speeds on the different occupations, so fingers crossed it should be pretty speedy for you :)

Keep an eye on the tracker for how quickly SS is going through at the mo :D

Good luck with everything :)

Oo how exciting! I would honestly say you could be there by then! We applied for ss in May and got it back 3 weeks later, visa in June and received back 1st Aug but could have been quicker if we had sorted police checks and meds quicker.... good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hannybabe- won't be too long now!

We posted our 176 form off along with the forms80 and 1221 today. They should arrive later this week sometime and then its another waiting game.

We are not planning on going till this time next year tho..

I think this next bit is just a formality subject to meds and police certs.

Anna

Whoop whoop! Congratulations! I was checking yesterday to see if you had heard back. We posted our 176 and all the docs and they arrives Tuesday. The fee has been taken from our account today...dot know what that bit means as so far no email confirming anything or the TRN we need to give to SA.

From reading replies to my post we should get a case officer in four weeks.

Anna

Whoop whoop! Congratulations! I was checking yesterday to see if you had heard back. We posted our 176 and all the docs and they arrives Tuesday. The fee has been taken from our account today...dot know what that bit means as so far no email confirming anything or the TRN we need to give to SA.

From reading replies to my post we should get a case officer in four weeks.

Anna

We're gonna submit ours online (coz we wanna get there asap) once we have put all our supporting docs on computer.

What made you choose to do a paper copy? When applying online, it gives you a TRA ref at time of application.

(I'm assuming they take out the fee as soon as you apply coz then there's no turning back :/.)

Yeah, I'd heard 4 weeks too. Eeek. Won't be long now!

We can't go out before mid-Aug coz we've had to Rabies vaccinate our cat! After then, it's all down to the house sale...

Hopefully see you there next year :)

Guest PaulandVicky

If you have SS then visas are coming through 4 weeks atm. Normal time without 6 months. Got that from the government website. They are moving fast at the mo... Good luck and fingers crossed for you xx

Ps wowza haneybabe, 9 in your IELTS. Congrats!!

We only did paper as I was able to lay all documents out on the floor and see everything at one....in hindsight and the fact that we cant track online we would have done it on line.

It is with them and inthe system somewhere as they managed to get the credit card details right......

Next step is medicals and then police checks...we are planning on going after Xmas

Paul and Vicky- how long did you wait for a CO?

Whoop whoop CO assigned!! Next big step and we will be there ASAP!!! Can't wait!!!

CONGRATS! That's a HUGE step, won't be long now :)

If you have SS then visas are coming through 4 weeks atm. Normal time without 6 months. Got that from the government website. They are moving fast at the mo... Good luck and fingers crossed for you xx

Ps wowza haneybabe, 9 in your IELTS. Congrats!!

That is great, 4 weeks is no time. Won't be long 'til we're all there sunning it and living the life :)

Thanks - it's my Hubby's skills we're going under so he got 9 in the test. Really proud of him :)

We only did paper as I was able to lay all documents out on the floor and see everything at one....in hindsight and the fact that we cant track online we would have done it on line.

It is with them and inthe system somewhere as they managed to get the credit card details right......

Next step is medicals and then police checks...we are planning on going after Xmas

Paul and Vicky- how long did you wait for a CO?

Laying all the docs out sounds like a good idea. We're gonna have to upload all our docs to the computer so it might take us a little longer to complete - form online is finished tho :)

Yes, sounds like they've got your details right if they've taken your cash! You should get the TRA ref soon then to give to SA for SS! All systems go, yes Meds next - we looked at that last night. We might have to travel for the best deal which is ok, sure the girls'd like a mini break right now :)

VERY EXCITING!!

Exciting ....very!

We have had estate agents round this week so as soon as we get accepted then all systems go here!

Our nearest for medicals is Manchester I think but don't know what the waiting times are like, we could go anywhere tho and make it a mini break like you..

I could really do with it! Have you researched where you might like to live....we fancy Mclaren Vale, Willunga as not so bothered bout beach but really into family biking and horses and it seems really quiet there. But, we won't know till we get there and may rent more centrally initially.

Guest PaulandVicky

Hi leeds

We applied 9th feb and then got our case officer 21st. We are going for our meds next sat and sending off police checks. Just doing what they are asking,!,, he he.. I can't believe how quickly they are working! It is good for us, we just wanna be there for winter.... I mean there winter (warmer!).

Hows it going for you guys? We both like biking too, so your advice on places was useful.