My experience of PIA website....

Kacymru

Thought it might be useful for any newbies to hear about other people's experiences with PIA...

I joined in January 2011 when I arrived in Adelaide on a working holiday visa, I wasn't sure what to expect at first as I've always joined social networks but, obviously, been careful to limit the information that I give out (safety first kids!!).

Anyway, my experiences on PIA have been very positive, I've managed to meet some brilliant friends through here and have always received good advice from people on here.

If you want to meet new people then go ahead and attend one of the meet ups (there's always plenty of them happening).

I've found that whether you're here on your own or you have family with you, there's always someone that can relate and they are always happy to meet up and talk about their experiences.

Moving to a new country can sometimes be full of bumps and surprises and it can also be a bit lonely....but, in my experience, there's always a few people on here that can relate to that. So don't be shy - get to know some people, introduce yourself; tell them where you're from, who you're with, what your hobbies and interests are and ENJOY the experience, I know I did (yes, it is nerve wracking waiting in a cafe or pub to meet someone that you've only spoken to on a website - but I can honestly say that it was all worth it and I have some brilliant friends to show for it).

Godd luck!!

Karen x

Guest Adelaide_bound

It's nice to know that peeps like PIA, obviously I do or I wouldn't have accepted my role here, and glad that its the kind of place other people find helpful and welcoming too :)

I have found your blog really helpful over the past year or so, and we're going to Nautilus at Port Douglas for my birthday based on your blog review of it lol.

Keep blogging, hope you keep enjoying Oz :D

@Adelaide_bound glad you like the blog, Nautilus was amazing! I had read some review that said the host there wasn't very friendly, but that wasnt our experience at all, infect we loved it! If you're able to then try the Degustation menu - it's amazing!!

Lousie, can't believe it's been almost a year since Tumby! Congrats on ending up in Glenelg, it's gorgeous there! We're just down the road in Clarence Park, but we're moving to Brisbane in a couple of weeks - typical! X