Any room at the cool kids table of a couple of yanks?

Guest Yankmedownunder

Guest Yankmedownunder

Hi my name is sunny and my husbands name is tad!

Apparently, Americans don't even register on the population chart so we don't seem to have a cool club like you do! Hope it's ok to join!

cheers! The casters

More than welcome :) We get people from all over, not just Brits. The forum is mostly Brits but doesn't mean others are not welcome.

TBH I think so long as a person is ok with conversing in type in English then why not say hello. The one thing I keep in mind is that most people won't know the other persons laws or visa situation as it can vary depending on where people are from, so not everything Brits talk about may apply to other nationalities.

Guest Yankmedownunder

Hi Rachel!

We are from Portland, oregon,

we spent almost three years and thousands of dollars trying to get to Au.

But it's here and my husband leaves in five days!

We're thrilled!!

we want to land in Aldinga!!

Guest Yankmedownunder

Thank you!

I already have found the site to be very useful and all the people are wonderful!

Our app. Has been approved and our shipping container is on its way.

we have no real reason of going, just to get away from the us and have a great midlife adventure!

Guest Yankmedownunder

Dear USA soon just sa,

my iPad keeps kicking me off, so I can't type for long.

we had absolutely no problems, we hired an agent through migration experts, and they flew us along.

as for our kids, they are teens and think we are cool for moving to au.

they are staying to finish high school, but we hope they come for college, as it's freakishly cheap!

Good luck, ask any questions you like and I'll try to fix my timeout problem!

Guest ladyarkles

Oh, Oregon! One place I haven't got to yet. :wink:

You are going to love SA, it's a beautiful place; we are also thinking about moving down to Aldinga.

I love the coastal landscape there. At the moment we are in Glenelg, right opposite the sea.

It's great to have the beach right in front of us, but it is pretty busy and noisy at weekends with lots of coaches and so on.

Wherever we end up, we are very happy here and are looking forward to many years of enjoying our new life.

If you want to meet up for a coffee when you get settled, drop me a PM and we'll sort something out.

~ Rachel

Guest kellypax

Hi there, I also am from Portland (well Forest Grove) and we are here for 3 months. We are renting in Brighton and have 2 kids at Brighton Secondary School. My husband is doing his sabbatical at Flinders University. Would love to get together. I take the train and bus everywhere. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Guest Yankmedownunder

Dear kellypax,

Greetings from the rainy Northwest!

We are actually from sherwood!

I will bussing it everywhere til I get wheels but we should get together and swap, moving stories!

I hope you're not homesick!

my husband left today after having a bit of a heart attack, but, I calmed him down and told him to buck up little camper, and sent him on his merry way!

I'll get in in mid march and drop you a line when I get settled!

Cheers!

Sunny Caster

Guest Yankmedownunder

Hi there Rachel,

Thank you for your message!

Glenelg is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it again!

I would love to have coffee, I'll be there in mid march, and I'm hoping my husband will have a house set up for me to unpack all our stuff to.

I'm a hairdresser, and I'll be trying to get to work asap as it's such a wonderful way to meet new people.

I hope you and your family are loving it there!

Til then!

cheers!

Sunny Caster