Relatives

Guest wilkini

Guest wilkini

I am trying to contact any one who knows the area of Holden Hill Adelaide which was the last known address of my cousin who emigrated from Hull Yorkshire in 1953.

Regards IW

Guest wilkini

Thank you for your reply Diane I am trying to contact my cousin Alan Wilkinson aged 72 who lives or lived at 31, Gaelic Avenue, Holden Hill with wife Judy and sons Michael Mark and Darren,

I have never met Alan he emigrated with his mother Hilda in 1953 aged 14 from Hull Yorkshire after the passing of his father Albert my fathers brother.

Doreen a cousin of ours kept in touch with Hilda but Hilda sadly passed away and Doreen lost touch. Thank you for your interest Regards Ivan

If you look at google maps it appears no.31 has been demolished,it must have been a big block of land as it has 6 units built on it.[small houses]

Have you considered contacting the Salvation Army they used to have a reputation of being the best for finding lost relatives.

Good Luck

The Google earth thing is a useful tool, and it sounds as though your relative may well have moved - if you haven't already discovered it, the whitepages online is quite handy for trying to find people - it's http://www.whitepages.com.au and if you put in Holden Hill, SA as the location it will search surrounding suburbs too. Alternatively you could try a Facebook search - this guy looks like he might be the right age for one of the sons and says he comes from Adelaide...https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001752820142 .... anyway, good luck and hopefully the PM from Reenz has given you something concrete.

Perhaps we should have a section for finding long lost friends and rellies! I had a cousin who came out as a £10 Pom back in the early 60s. He married and had 2 children, divorced, re-married an Aussie girl around 1973 (while on holiday in England to visit his Mum) and moved to Tasmania. Can't seem to track him down and I have no family left to ask.

About 20 years ago, I was trying to trace a relative who had moved somewhere in Australia, I didn't even know for sure which state.

I was advised to contact Centrelink and the local Manager advised me to write a letter to my cousin, and a cover note to Centrelink with all known details, including his date of birth. I did this and a few weeks later my cousin rang me. They had forwarded my letterto him and left him to reply or not, as he wished. They would not, of course, give me any details of him.

I have no idea whether they would still do this, but it worked for me and we are still in touch, now by facebook!!!.