Moving back to Adelaide in april 2013

Guest brookesy

Guest brookesy

Hi everyone Ive not been on this site for over a year. Any way the brokesys came out to adelaide in october 2010 to validate our 175visa,we found the people of adelaide to be the friendliest bunch we have ever come across. We are still awaiting the sale of our house after converting the loft to try and sell it. We cant wait to get back over, my wife is finishing her masters and my eldest will finish his A levels in may 2013, Im counting down the months till we get there. Sorry if this is a bit of an odd post but I felt the urge to put something down. To all new people toying with the idea of matbe going to another city in oz DONT... We have been to a couple of citys when we came over and although we are not tied to SA through visa we feel that this is the best state/city to bring up our children.

Thanks for listening I will keep you updated on my degrees of maddness whilst I wait for 2013.:biggrin:

Guest Jennet
Hi everyone Ive not been on this site for over a year. Any way the brokesys came out to adelaide in october 2010 to validate our 175visa,we found the people of adelaide to be the friendliest bunch we have ever come across. We are still awaiting the sale of our house after converting the loft to try and sell it. We cant wait to get back over, my wife is finishing her masters and my eldest will finish his A levels in may 2013, Im counting down the months till we get there. Sorry if this is a bit of an odd post but I felt the urge to put something down. To all new people toying with the idea of matbe going to another city in oz DONT... We have been to a couple of citys when we came over and although we are not tied to SA through visa we feel that this is the best state/city to bring up our children.

Thanks for listening I will keep you updated on my degrees of maddness whilst I wait for 2013.:biggrin:

Hi you say moving back, did you live in Australia before, we move in July 2012 after my daughter completes GCSE's. all the best with your journey. do you know where you may move too in adelaide

jennet

Guest brookesy

The plan was to move to oz for good but house sale fell through, so we travelled around oz for 6months was a great experience for the kids and us we got to oz warts and all. We are hoping to build up near middle beach eventually. We want to sell the house then we have nothing to pull us back to the uk (apart from family:). The one thing we found in adelaide was that is was very difficult to secure long term rentals, but I think this is a problem across oz. Jennet we are waiting for my son to finish his A-levels as oz recognises these which I believe is not the case with GCSE.

Brookesy

Guest Jennet
The plan was to move to oz for good but house sale fell through, so we travelled around oz for 6months was a great experience for the kids and us we got to oz warts and all. We are hoping to build up near middle beach eventually. We want to sell the house then we have nothing to pull us back to the uk (apart from family:). The one thing we found in adelaide was that is was very difficult to secure long term rentals, but I think this is a problem across oz. Jennet we are waiting for my son to finish his A-levels as oz recognises these which I believe is not the case with GCSE.

Brookesy

hi there is some information regarding GCSE's apparently the headmaster of schools will assess the GCSE qualifications and decide where to place the child, there is someone on here who's child GCSE's were assessed and they were equivalent to the yr 11 SACE so they were placed in yr 12 to complete the SACE. my migration consultant said something similar too.

Guest brookesy

hi Jennet, Im sure you are right about the GCSE's it was a personel choice of our son who preferred to finish his education here. Where are you looking to move to in adelaide?.

Guest Jennet
hi Jennet, Im sure you are right about the GCSE's it was a personel choice of our son who preferred to finish his education here. Where are you looking to move to in adelaide?.

hi i suppose its a good choice he made, we are waiting for my daughter to complete this year so she has completed her studies in the UK, didn't want her to start college here, so we decided to start fresh in OZ so she can complete the SACE, she can get some OZ education knowledge and she will feel better and more relaxed when she goes to uni if she goes. we like the southern suburbs and my friend lives in Seaford who we will be staying with, we will then get a feel of the southern suburbs and decide where to rent long term, we know people in Hallet cove and Brighton, they are nice places and Brighton high is suppose to be a very good school. but very pricey area to live.