Bound for South Australia!

Guest maxxangel

Guest maxxangel

Just wanted to introduce myself. We (Me, husband and two children) got our PR visas granted on Halloween 2007. We have finally decided we will be heading for Adelaide area, so I have come over from the Poms in Oz site in the hopes of finding out a bit more about the area. Our house is currently on the market and we have to validate our visas before the end of August.

I have been trying to do a bit of research, but am starting to feel rather confused now. My thoughts are to live a little bit out of Adelaide because the cost of housing seems fairly high in the centre. Wondering what the Adelaide Hills are like. Other than that I don't seem to have made any more definate decisions.

Cara

Guest deborah

Hi Cara,

we live in Derbyshire too, we have only just begun the process. It is a little daunting.

Because we live in the beautiful peak district i will miss the scenary hence the hills area looks appealing.

Just worry that there are more creepy crawlies out that way!!

Congratulations anyway and good look with house sale.

Debs

Hi Cara,

Nice to see you here. How did you find us? ;):biglaugh:

Until you get there you can't really tell what places are like. Like you, because of prices, we are heading away from the city. We are going to ent somewhere for a couple of months while we find a place that suits us.

Pete

Guest Guest75

Hiya Cara

Welcome to PIA.

I've seen you in "big" forum of Pom in Oz . :notworthy:

You really need to have a look before going too definite on an area.

Work and schools play a big part of the decision as well.

How far out could you live???

Guest happy feet

Hello Cara,

cara here, never meant anyone else called Cara... Just joined myself to-nite. Finishing my nurse training end of march, have an interview 7 march for job in Ade.. Just won't to be out there, wish it didn't take so long. Have Darren (hubby), Ethan (10), and Erin (6) coming with me hopefully.. Good luck with everything

Regards

Cara

hello and welcome to the forum!! :wubclub:

i can't recommend www.adelaidebound.com enough - it's a brilliant site!!!

have a good read!

in regards to areas i think none really can tell you good or bad because it's got to be a personal view! so all you can do is rent somewhere for a few months and then do lots of driving around to get a feel which areas you like yourself!!

good luck

Guest maxxangel
Hiya Cara

Welcome to PIA.

I've seen you in "big" forum of Pom in Oz . :notworthy:

You really need to have a look before going too definite on an area.

Work and schools play a big part of the decision as well.

How far out could you live???

Hi Tyke! I remember you. You recommended Sandy from globaltradesearch. We haven't got in touch with her yet though. We were thinking of leaving it until we had a definite arrival date as a lot of agents have said they can't do anything until we are there.

My husband is fairly used to a long commute, so I think an hour to an hour and a half would be acceptable to him. Like you say, though, I suppose we will need to wait until we get there to be certain where we want to be.

Cara

Guest maxxangel
Hello Cara,

cara here, never meant anyone else called Cara... Just joined myself to-nite. Finishing my nurse training end of march, have an interview 7 march for job in Ade.. Just won't to be out there, wish it didn't take so long. Have Darren (hubby), Ethan (10), and Erin (6) coming with me hopefully.. Good luck with everything

Regards

Cara

Hi Cara!

It is rather odd using your own name for someone else isn't it?:D The first time I met someone else called Cara was in college and there were two others in my class!! When my older daughter was in nursery she met a girl called Kara and she used to go on about her just so she could use my name!:biglaugh:

Good luck with your interview and I hope your wait doesn't feel too long. At least not as long as mine's feeling at the moment...

Cara

Guest Libby1971

In the UK we had a ridiculously long journey each day and one of our criteria for when we got here was that we had to be able to get to work in a shorter time.

Hence our decision to live closer to the city although it really doesn't feel like city living.

Libby