New to Adelaide

Guest Mark&Vikki

Guest Mark&Vikki

Hi, I'm Vikki (38) originally from Goole, East Yorkshire & have been here, with my husband & 3 children, in Woodcroft since 10 Jan 12.

My 2 eldest, Maisie (11) & Joe (7) are nicely settled in school, my husband has just started work this week, so it's left me thinking about what I'm going to do. My youngest, Woody (4) is in kindy but only 2 and half days a week so am looking for groups, individuals, in similar circumstances to meet up with.

:smile:

Hi Vikki, my name is Vicky too and we leave the Uk 3 weeks today, looking in many areas south of the city areound the Woodcroft area too, would love to meet up when we arrive, for coffee, groups etc - we have a little (almost) 2 year old called Tabitha. Hope you are enjoying Adelaide so far - I'm feeling in a state of panic at the moment!!

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, we live in Woodcroft, I have twin boys who are 4. Be happy to meet up sometime for playdates. My boys do Kindy 4 mornings a week, soon to be 5 in Term 2. Michelle x

Guest Mark&Vikki

Hi Vicky

God, I bet your head is all over the place at the mo, trying to squeeze in all the people you need to see and get all the things done you need to do. You have a coffee date already though and you're not even here yet, how well are you doing? haha. Would love to meet up anytime that you get chance and if there's anything you need to know about the woodcroft area I'll do my best to get the info for you. Keep in touch xx

Guest leeannekays

Hi Vikki, we fly over next month, me, I'm 32 , my husband and our 2 children . Callum 6, and Emily 4. We are looking at port Noarlunga and Woodcroft, how is the school in Woodcroft for your 7 year old, Callum is 7 in September. Would love to meet when we come over. I also have to sort out a Kindy for Emily.

Leeanne x

Guest Mark&Vikki

Hi

Thanks for your post, it's a small world. I worked in Rawcliffe Bridge for the last 11 months I was in UK.

Does your wife attend the meet ups on a Wednesday at Noarlunga?

Guest Mark&Vikki

Hi Leeanne

My children go to Reynella East College, it's not a private one. The 2 older ones seem to be settling in well and there is a kindy on site too so they can attend the same site from kindy through to end of high school. I don't think there are many other R-12 schools in this area.

I enrolled them while we still in UK. There was a lady called Bev Bradwell who emailed me the enrolment forms. We headed over to Woodcroft as we knew a couple who lived here and the rental prices were affordable. We've just been over at Noarlunga tonight and it's lovely there too. Would love to meet when you arrive, just let me know when is a good time for you & if there's anything else you would like to know about this area I'll try my best to answer xx

Hi everyone. We're heading out there this Saturday. OH has already been there 2 weeks. Would love to join in with any of your socials once we get there. Will be living in glenelg to start off but already have a car sorted by OH so will be happy to travel!

Lyn x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heljay2007
Hi, I'm Vikki (38) originally from Goole, East Yorkshire & have been here, with my husband & 3 children, in Woodcroft since 10 Jan 12.

My 2 eldest, Maisie (11) & Joe (7) are nicely settled in school, my husband has just started work this week, so it's left me thinking about what I'm going to do. My youngest, Woody (4) is in kindy but only 2 and half days a week so am looking for groups, individuals, in similar circumstances to meet up with.

:smile:

Hi Vikki,

We are looking to move to Adelaide in the near future and we are from Howden. My husband is originally from Goole. Lets hope we get there and would be great to meet up. Maybe I wont feel so homesick if I know someone else that knows all the places I know. My little boy is 3.

Helen

Hi vicky we are from grimsby so not to far away from goole.... if u want to catch up for a chat just pm me... we live in magill in the eastern part of the city.. i know woodcroft is a bit of a distance but we could catch up somewhere if u wanted to.. i have 3 children robson 16, harriet 12, and joshua 8.. we have been here in adelaide since september 2011.. so still kinda settling in.. anyway pm me if u wanna catch up.. cheers tracey