• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all

Title
      Liked
      579 times
      Rep
      Hey Stickman,

Welcome along to PIA...its a great board, hopefully with the information your after....if not we'll still have a laugh anyway!!!

Enjoy the ride...!

Dan and Steph
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Hi Tony and Lou
      Good luck with your plans for Adelaide. Interested in what you said about Christchurch and Adelaide. We currently live in NZ (north island) but plan to be in Adelaide at the end of 2008. My OH is a kiwi but I am a brit. Weather-wise, Christchurch has been almost as hot as Adelaide this year but it has been the warmest NZ summer on record and they do get very cold winters there. Christchurch also has a reputation for violent crime and young kids driving around the streets going crazy. The drugs problem is quite bad there too. Shopping is definitely not as good here - very poor compared to the UK and not as good as Oz . Our daughter and son in law are moving to Adelaide in the Spring and for them Oz definitely has more opportunities and generally more to offer than NZ. There is a huge number of kiwis leaving for Oz as the salaries are higher and taxes lower etc - mainly young professionals . NZ has changed - even over the last few years - so I think you have probably made the right decision. NZ is a beautiful country - breathtakingly beautiful in places - but you cant live on beautiful views alone. Best of luck for your plans.
      Mariane and Cliff

stickman
      Thanks for the lovely welcome all - friendly bunch aint yah? ;)

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums