say a prayer please ..................

clan mac

Hey all,

Clan Mac update - got our visa March 2011, validated July 2012 worked on house and put it on the market March 2012 and then .............................................................. the middle of a doughnut!!!!! nout, nada not even a single viewing despite the best survey and no adverse comments from the estate agent or surveyor. Feeling scunnered and thinking we will never get to Oz. Have considered dropping the price considerably but the Estate agent thinks it wont make any difference as people will are having real difficulty getting any kind of mortgage. Needing some encouragement and prayers please.

sincere thanks Lola and the gang xxx

Look at the option of renting. It is not ideal, but if the alternative is to not live your dream, then I would explore all avenues. You can sell it at a later date when the market picks up, and you will have the added security of still being on the UK property ladder, should your Oz adventure not go to plan.

I don't do prayers, but I will beam positive thoughts in your direction. Good luck.

Paul

Hey all,

Clan Mac update - got our visa March 2011, validated July 2012 worked on house and put it on the market March 2012 and then .............................................................. the middle of a doughnut!!!!! nout, nada not even a single viewing despite the best survey and no adverse comments from the estate agent or surveyor. Feeling scunnered and thinking we will never get to Oz. Have considered dropping the price considerably but the Estate agent thinks it wont make any difference as people will are having real difficulty getting any kind of mortgage. Needing some encouragement and prayers please.

sincere thanks Lola and the gang xxx

Exactly, the same situation we are in. We have just been on the phone with the estate agent and they are getting offers for properties for the £300,000 house but ones in our price range nothing:huh:

We are considering dropping the price right down as the rent option is not an option as we need the capital - we do not have jobs to go into when we get to Adelaide. We know the minimum we could accept and that I think would secure a sale but the way the market is you just do not know.

Good Luck with it an I hope you sell soon,

Mis

I really feel for you all in this position, including ourselves, being in the same boat!

Have you considered topping up yr mortgages, to give a bit of capital, and extending mortgage period to enable you to rent until the market picks up?

May be an option!? I hope to god ours sells soon!!

Guest vikkiann

We dropped ours by 10k, then suddenly had offers and 7 viewings in a week.

We have accepted an offer but it's £22,000 under the original valuation, which is a hell of a lot of money but as others have said renting isn't an option for us. We want the capital to start a new life in Australia.

Have you looked at what houses are selling for in your area? I mean the sale price, not the asking price.

Everyone wants a bargain nowadays.

Good luck with your decision.

We dropped ours by 10k, then suddenly had offers and 7 viewings in a week.

We have accepted an offer but it's £22,000 under the original valuation, which is a hell of a lot of money but as others have said renting isn't an option for us. We want the capital to start a new life in Australia.

Have you looked at what houses are selling for in your area? I mean the sale price, not the asking price.

Everyone wants a bargain nowadays.

Good luck with your decision.

The OH has done so much research on the prices and basically where we are there is no pattern - some go for 15,000 more than what we were originally asking as others for 20 - 25,000 less!!!

We have decided to drop £15,000 off the original asking price now!!! mind you if we had put it on for what the estate agent originally suggested the drop would be £25,000 :nah:

hey spent all night working on figures at different exchange rates against different selling prices - oh the joys!

Guest Helchops

We're going through all of this, and have decided...screw it, we'll rent. The way I see it, is that within five years prices will have started to rise, the exchange rate may be back to historic levels 1:2 and hopefully we'll be building wealth for the future.

Of course, that means migrating with very little money (and I'm not talking about some people's idea of a little money but really, a very small amount) and we're just going to make it work...hopefully!!

Oh and no jobs either...oh, and a toddler. Crap. What are we doing?

My friend always says, 'Look before you leap...but If you're going to leap, don't look too long.'

Then again, he broke his leg hopping train carriages...

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind messages of support and prayers, spoke to the estate agent today who said that to sell we need to drop by £40,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that's because nothing is moving at all. If we did this we would be selling the house for the same price we paid a good number of years ago ergo no capital to come to Oz!!!! She doesn't recommend dropping the price she thinks we need to just sit it out. Now to top it all OH has been offered a job in Kuala Lumpur with good money which will ease the financial pressure here but still not get us any closer to Oz. When I think back I thought all we had to do was get our visa Oh how naive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Renting not an option as it's a big costly house and we would need a hefty rent to cover the mortgage. Oh well just gotta keep hoping for that elusive viewer. Lola xx

Guest miraclebabycaw

it's the same here in South Africa. Our house is "above average" as we have 2 flats on the property as well, and people want us to give the house away at a price less than what we paid 9 years ago plus all we have spent on the house over that time. It's ridiculous... Renting it out is not an option for us as we need to "officially immigrate" to be able to get our Retirement Annuities out which is basically all our savings that we invested, so if we do that they freeze our bank accounts. South Africa still has stupid exchange control regulations. So we are tied, BUT we are optimistic and know that the Lord will bring the correct person along at the correct time...

same here,we've been out to Oz to validate our visa and loved it sooooooo much,didnt want to come back.We've been on the market now 9 months now,a few viewings but no offers !!!!! so frustrating !!!

On it.

We had a similar situation (but not such an amazing house, so we were blessed to sell in any climate let alone the one we managed to do so 4 yrs ago before we came here). Much prayer, definite miracle and our move had the mark of the Almighty all over it!!! So praying the same for you. We dropped our price and definitely sold for less than we hoped but came here and have seen much provision for our family in many ways. Praying you will know the right thing to do.