We have bought the tickets!!!!!

Guest USA soon just SA

Guest USA soon just SA

One more step towards starting our new lives in Adelaide. We bought our tickets today -woo hoo! The USD $5,100 price tag hurt a little, however. We are going to be leaving on saturday october 20, and arriving on monday the 22nd. The kids think it is kinda wierd that we will never see october 21, as we will see the sun rise on the 20th, set that night, and then the next time we see sunlight, it will be the 22nd. But we have promised them that we will make up for it with a 36 hour day when we come back to visit the first time (and all other times we travel back as well, i suspect). not much more to say than that, just wanted to share our excitement. Every step now is a really big one, with more emotional "concrete-ness", if that's a word. So, that makes the ups and downs a little more significant, but since our resolve is never really shaken regarding our decision, these steps also help to let us know that this is the right move for our family. I just wish that my wife's parents were as accepting of the move as mine are. I wish they would realize that it is still going to happen, the only thing their complaining is going to do is make us spend less time with them in order to avoid the negative comments. I guess that what others have said on this site is right, their problem with the move is just that, THEIR PROBLEM!

Looking forward to meeting with you guys in person.

PS. we are booked with air new zealand on their new "sky couch" seats, should be interesting........

Guest ReadyPenny

WOW Good luck with the rest of the journey and congrats on booking the tickets! Special day is the 20 October it's my wedding anniversary!!! Will be interested to know about the whole Sky Couch thing too :)

Hi, good luck with your move over. Was just reading your visa process time, they processed you super quick, what are you a rocket scientist and part time brain surgeon? Thought I'd also just mention, when you jump in a car for the first time over here you'll notice the steering wheel is missing, don't panic if you look to your right you'll find it lol.

Edited by keldaz
I wish I could spell

Guest USA soon just SA
Hi, good luck with your move over. Was just reading your visa process time, they processed you super quick, what are you a rocket scientist and part time brain surgeon?

Primary visa applicant is wife-retail pharmacist and husband just graduated law school and is an International Intellectual Property Lawyer. (We have also been informed that starting our "personal statement" with a few really dirty jokes helped a lot too!!) :biggrin:

Guest ladyarkles

LOL, dirty jokes always help!

Looking forward to seeing you over here, soon!

You will be going from an Autumn day to the first burst of Spring!

If that doesn't boggle your noggin; nothing will.

~ Rachel

PS Allergy season is pretty brutal in Adelaide. It caught me by surprise and I thought I had a bird flu / Ebola hybrid virus. (Don't you love Dr Google's diagnoses?)

Bring anti-histamines if you suffer and be prepared for your head to leak from bits that you thought were permanently sealed.

Guest Rosy

Hello! Just wanted to wish you and your family all the best. I lived in the US for a few years and will be so interested to hear your views of Adelaide. I hope everything goes great for you all :smile:

I'm happy to tell you that we have recently gained a couple of good American and Mexican style eating options here in Adelaide, and I hope the trend continues!