Costs!!

Guest CountryCym

Guest CountryCym

Just at very early stages of trying to price up just how much it would cost to get to Oz. Spoken with an agent and looking at £4700 for our visas as we would have to go across on my partners occupation (joiner) but as he has no paper quals just time served, all sorts of processes which need to go through. Came as a bit of a shock because we were thinking around £2500ish mark but there you go.

Can any one tell me a ball park figure for removal costs? Obviously differs depending on whta you're taking but we're a 4 bed house with people who don't hoard too much! Also, any other hidden charges which might come as a shock? At the mo, we're thinking:

Visas £4700

Removals ??

Transporting pets?

Really grateful for any info you may have, if further down the line with the process.

Thanks Nick & Mags

Hi, firstly good luck with it all,

The removals for a 20' container are around £3500 to £4000 depends on company used and insurance taken. Pets can be expensive not sure exactly but talking of from what i have heard £ 2-3K depends on what pets i suppose, someone on here will know from experience

Guest Lulujim

hi - Your visas sound quite pricey - i guess this includes agents fees? have you phoned round for other quotes too? i think pets (dogs) go by weight!!? but someone else will be bale to give you better advice i think. :)

Hi

For our furniture it's costing £3000 (20ft container)

Our dog - Australian Shepherd (border collie size) is costing us an arm and leg - £2300 (UK costs and flights) plus approx a further $1000 in Australia for quarantine costs not to mention all the prep work - boosters (you have to ensure also that they don't get the Lepto jag in with their boosters), microchip, blood tests etc. Costs are based on the length and height of your dog and the shape of their flight kennel - sorry don't know about any other pet.

Good luck in your application!

hello!

do the 4700 include medicals and police checks? (sounds very pricey)

in regards to additional 5 points for partners occupation - pls doublecheck because a member only recently posted they won't get it because the partner doesn't have a (high enough) qualification - so i am not sure if time served would be enough?!

dont' forget the flight tickets ;)

and consider if you'd want to go for a reccie?!

Guest Shy Ted

I did all my IEAust and Visa work myself online, didn't bother with an agent as I'm still not sure what they do apart from take 2 grand off you for some scally to do your paperwork. Might want to consider saving money that way? When I had any questions re visa I just got them answered on here.

Guest CountryCym

Yes, 4700 includes everything. I must admit I was a little shocked but the fact mypartner has to go through teh vetassess process has bumped it up a lot.:( From what other people have posted it looks like taking pets will cost an abs arm and a leg and we have 3 cats!!!

hi - Your visas sound quite pricey - i guess this includes agents fees? have you phoned round for other quotes too? i think pets (dogs) go by weight!!? but someone else will be bale to give you better advice i think. :)

Guest Rachael

That does sound a bit steep,

roughly I think our costs were:

TRA: £100

Visa: £800

Police checks: £20

Medicals and x-rays: £400

agent: £1600

TOTAL: £2920

Shipping: (around) £3000, depending on what you have.

Pets: haven't a clue, not taking any.

Hope this helps

Rachael. xx

Guest LOCO IN OZ

Hi,

My boyfriend (Wayne) and I (Rachael) are just starting to look into things too, I heard from a friend in Perth that it costs around £3k to take a dog over to Oz. Ours is definitely coming no matter what, but I hope it's nothing like that much. Can you let me know if you hear anything different?

Guest LOCO IN OZ
Hi

For our furniture it's costing £3000 (20ft container)

Our dog - Australian Shepherd (border collie size) is costing us an arm and leg - £2300 (UK costs and flights) plus approx a further $1000 in Australia for quarantine costs not to mention all the prep work - boosters (you have to ensure also that they don't get the Lepto jag in with their boosters), microchip, blood tests etc. Costs are based on the length and height of your dog and the shape of their flight kennel - sorry don't know about any other pet.

Good luck in your application!

Hi,

Can you give me a bit more info on the "Lepto Jag" please?

Is this something I need to ask my vet not to do now for my dogs booster due soon?

Thanks,

Rachael.

Guest deborah

I am doing my application on line and people on here are very helpful. I have also done my own skliis assess. It has been stressful without guidance but it is all part of the learning process and hopefully i am now in a position to help others along the way.

Debs

Guest The Pottertons

The vetasses process is really expensive. if you are unfortunate enough to need to do the practical assessment as we are:arghh:!!! Thats £1000 and the paper based assessment with vetassess is £300. Police checks are also becoming more expensive in the next few months but this is supposed to make the process quicker!!! I am also really shocked at the costs involved. We are having to use an agent as i wouldnt have the time to do the paperwork and i think the stress of that would make the experience an unhappy one!!! So we have worked out that the whole process including shipping and flights to get us all there is about £12,000. Its amazing how it all adds up. If you are braver than me thouogh you save alot by not using an agent.

Guest caoimhe
Spoken with an agent and looking at £4700 for our visas as we would have to go across on my partners occupation (joiner) but as he has no paper quals just time served, all sorts of processes which need to go through. Came as a bit of a shock because we were thinking around £2500ish mark but there you go.

Really grateful for any info you may have, if further down the line with the process.

Thanks Nick & Mags

If £4700 includes everything then that would be about right

this is what we have paid

Agents (inc VAT) £2115

Skills assessment £180 approx

DIAC £900 approx

Police Check £10 per person(everyone over16yrs)

Medical adult £100, child £50

x-rays £49 pp (everyone over 11yrs)

HIV blood tests £10 pp

Hep B/C blood tests £36 (not always needed)

Postage to send med reports to Sydney £12

So far we have paid out £3800 but that doesn't include the blood, sweat and tears :biglaugh:

As the biggest cost was the agent you could consider just using them for the skills assessment that would cut it down a good bit

I think lepto is part of the vaccine given in a dogs annual jab (not jag), if your dog is going to OZ/Quarantine you must inform your vet prior to jab so they leave the lepto part of vaccine out.

I think this is right our vet told us to check ourselves on defra website, dogs to ship your looking at £2500-£3000.

Guest LOCO IN OZ

Hi Deborah, which web site do I need to go on to start the paperwork side of things for our application? I take it you're not using an agent at all? I think we're going to try without, hopefully to save some money.

Guest Django
Hi Deborah, which web site do I need to go on to start the paperwork side of things for our application? I take it you're not using an agent at all? I think we're going to try without, hopefully to save some money.

You will find what you need on this site..... http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm

We haven't used an agent. Whether this was a good decission or not I will tell you if we get our visa.;):biglaugh:

Pete

Guest deborah

Just go onto the australian embassy website under migration and you can lodge an online application or download the paper version.

The online application only lets you proceed if you have a positive skills assess but i just punched in some numbers and it allowed me to continue it also tells you if you are eligable to continue as it works out the points for you. Pretty neat eh!

Debs

Guest LOCO IN OZ

Hi Deborah, had a brief look at the online application for general skilled migration, how do you know which sub class application to go for? i.e. Independent, regional, migrant, resident etc etc.

Guest TheCleghorns

Yes my OH, who is a glazier, is off to the expo on Saturday. Hopefully we will get alot out of it and make our decision as to whether we are going to go for it or not?

The Cleghorns

Tim (43)

Lisa (41)

Alexandra (15)

Nadia (8)

Molly (5)

Guest deborah
Hi Deborah, had a brief look at the online application for general skilled migration, how do you know which sub class application to go for? i.e. Independent, regional, migrant, resident etc etc.

Hi,

You need to choose the visa that you can apply for hence points. I am going for 175 permanent as so far i have enough points. Do you have the 120 points necessary for this if not you can look at other visas. As i said before it will tell you along the way if you are eligiable for which ever visa you apply for but you cannot progress until you have a positive skills assess as it asks for your code.

Debs