Adelaide here we come!

Guest TheO'Connors

Guest TheO'Connors

We have recently returned from our holidays in Adelaide and Auckland and whilst we were there we found out that my husbands skills have now been successfully assessed!! Having visited Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and now Adelaide I can definately say we have made the right decision in deciding to move to Adelaide. My sons (aged 9 and 6) had a fab time and can't wait to go back permanently.

We are now completing the visa application form having had my husbands skills assessed so think it will be a while before we have our visa.

I wish I had known about this fab site before we went on our holidays as I would have loved to have met up with you lucky people who are already living there. I'm sure I will have lots of questions, mostly about accommodation and schools.

Looking forward to picking all of your brains!!

The O'Connors:D

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA,

Glad you enjoyed you trip to Adelaide. Hope its as good a place to live for you as it was to visit.:)

Good luck with the visa thing and congats on the skill assessment.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia :cute:

we do want to hear everything about your trip now :jiggy:

not everyone is as lucky to actually go and have a look first (or mad? :goofy:)

anyways, good luck with the visa process!

Guest TheO'Connors

The trip was fab, really liked Adelaide best (we went to Perth and Sydney 3 years ago) as it is alot smaller than the other oz cities we have visited but still growing so we think there are more opportunities here. We also saw Melbourne (just for the day) and thought that was too busy, rather like London... definately not for us. Adelaide is sooo easy to get around and the beaches are gorgeous, the city is a good size but not too big and my favourite bit is that there are places to eat and drink on every corner, you never have to walk far for a coffee and cake!

We have thought about emigrating for 4 years now and have finally started the application so will keep you all updated hopefully would like to be there in Jan 09.

The O'Connors:D

Guest hulltigers

Hi Guys Glad You Enjoyed Your Recent Trip, We Have Been Thinking Of Emigrating For Last 4 Years Too, After Our Visit To Adelaide In 2003. What Visa Are You Guys Applying On, My Hubby Just Got His Vetessess Back Succesfully But Got To Go For His Practical Now, We Was Wondering If And How Many Other Type Of Visas We Could Go On, Having To Sell Car To Fund Practical Test. Wondered If There Was Another Path For Us As Hubby Has Plenty Of 10 Pound Poms Aunts And Uncles That Live In The Brighton, Glenelg Hallet Cove Areas .

Guest Andrew&Ren

Welcome to PIA!:wubclub:

Wish we could afford a trip before the actual move, but from what i hear its a wonderful place to live. What did you see whilst there? how did you find it cost wise for eating out etc? Theres so many questions!!! :chatterbox: heehee!

Good luck x

Guest TheO'Connors

Hi

Whilst in Adelaide we went to the Port and saw some dolphins which was fab! We looked around the coastal areas, visited some of the real estate companies. We met with some friends who have lived there for 40 years which was really helpful. We also went to the Adelaide aquatic centre which is a really good complex, visted some of the city centre shops, the Haigh chocolate factory and out of town shopping centres.

We also went down to Maclaren Vale and Victor Harbour these are great places and Macalren Vale is where a lot of the wineries are and it is a lovely village/small town.

I have to say there wasn't anything I didn't like about Adelaide.

Good luck wtih everything!

The O'Connors:jiggy:

Guest TheO'Connors

Hi

Whilst in Adelaide we went to the Port and saw some dolphins which was fab! We looked around the coastal areas, visited some of the real estate companies. We met with some friends who have lived there for 40 years which was really helpful. We also went to the Adelaide aquatic centre which is a really good complex, visted some of the city centre shops, the Haigh chocolate factory and out of town shopping centres.

We also went down to Maclaren Vale and Victor Harbour these are great places and Macalren Vale is where a lot of the wineries are and it is a lovely village/small town.

I have to say there wasn't anything I didn't like about Adelaide.

Good luck wtih everything!

The O'Connors:jiggy:

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Welcome to PIA!! Glad you had a fab trip & your boys enjoyed it, makes it a lot easier when the whole family really want to go!! Good luck with getting your visa's

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:hi the o'connors

glad your trip to adelaide went well, alot of people ive spoke to all love the place and say western aus is more for a holiday than to live, Like many others weve never been, but every time i researched Aus i found myself drifting more towards adelaide, espically with a family, good luck with your visa's

nicky