Driving Licence

siem&noah

Just wondering if anybody can shed some light!!! We are due to emigrate over in October and wondering if we have to take any sort of tests to get our license issued?? We have heard mixed reports, some saying you need to do your test again, others saying its just a theory test you do, please help!!!!!!!!

HI,

All full Car Licences and full motorbike licences are transferable to a SA licence, but all truck and bus licences are lost and training and testing is required.

I hope this helps :biggrin:

Make sure you are certain about the bike part.

Its only for FULL bike licence not CBT.

I got mine exchanged no problem but know lots of people that have had a heated discussion about this subject in service sa.

Rob

I got my SA licence this week...but had to have an eye test. I was asked if i needed to wear glasses for driving, which i do. I was given form for the optician to complete, after i had had an eye test. It cost me over $500...for sight test, and yes, obviously, i needed new specs. Then another $93 for driving licence for two years.....what an expensive day

Guest Jennet

Hi my husband got his UK license changed to the Australian one today, 1 year is $55 his car and motor bike changed over straight away, HGV practical test needed

• 1 month later...