no chance

Guest bev mcinnes

Guest bev mcinnes

Hi everyone,

Im just about to embark on applying for a visa to move Adelaide but had a look at the IELTS test on like i dont think i will have a chance in hell of passing it looks so hard.

Guest Guest6899

I failed mine 3 times then got the third over turned into a pass. i don't think i would have done it a fourth time, would have given up. there are lots of books, online practice papers etc, i enrolled with ielts higher in the end. You don't state which version you a sitting, the academic is much harder than the general test.

Lisa

Guest bev mcinnes

oh lisa you must have felt so gutted each time, but fair play for keep on going with the tests bet it feels like a life time away now.

is it everything you thought it would be out there. well done you for getting there, i cant wait, so nervous for the test though

Guest bev mcinnes

thanks , my profession is wanted in the state i want to live,i just think will take a long long time to re educate myself to pass the test , seems very daunting, is there is there a audio system where i can stick it on my i pod and listen all day

Hi Bev, it's all part of the joys of applying for the visa, thought I may have to do IELTS at one point, but was ok on points without. With the IELTS, you can't help but say 'hello I'm English' kinda should be accepted on that basis. Funny thing is, you arrive here and there are thousands of people with no or pigeon english at best, mmm double standards, or am I being cynical. There will be plenty more to make you groan during the visa process, so it's always handy to keep a table close by to bang your head on. Take one step at a time, and work through it. If you want it enough you'll do it. Understand you've had a wee drop of rain in UK, we haven't, the sun shines in the winter as well, enough said, start practising your A B C's. Good luck.

The books come with audio tests (a cd) which could be downloaded through i tunes.

I passed the ielts with minimum 7.5 (pity as everything else 8.5-9) which gave me the 10 points I needed. You only have to demonstrate you are proficient in English as you will sit the general paper not academic.

Happy mood this morning as received an email confirming straight Vetassess pass so final stages of visa application now!

S

Guest Guest6899
oh lisa you must have felt so gutted each time, but fair play for keep on going with the tests bet it feels like a life time away now.

is it everything you thought it would be out there. well done you for getting there, i cant wait, so nervous for the test though

Thank you..people who usually say its easy usually do the general and not the academic and not require a high score as we do in nursing.. sorry its a bug bare of mine.. yes just love it, just under a year, no homesickness at all.. boys settled, we have good jobs, 2 mins from the beach..

For us so far its been the best thing we ever did.

Lisa