Think its time to come back again !

Guest Itcheefeet

Guest Itcheefeet

Hi everyone, another newbie, just thought I should introduce myself, tell my story and become part of this community ! Its all getting a bit real now ! We emigrated Sydney, then Perth back in 1999 and stayed until the homesickness set in and citizenship gained. Within 6 months of being back in the UK we knew we had made a mistake ! After busying ourselves with 3 x children and a sucessfull business, we're now in the process of wrapping it all up and heading back - Adelaide looks good !!?? Basically we have grown out of this house and our decision was made, finding a nice house here, with space around isn't happening ! The long winters have been too long ! The summers have been too cold and wet, the kiddies dont get out too much (although they are out on a bike ride now in the pouring rain) working all year for 2 weeks in the sun is not a way of life is it ? I think because we have done it once - its a harder decision as we know the pitfalls and the challenges to overcome ! But boy are we ready ! Just thought this post might help anyone thinking of coming back, its worth sticking it out if you can ! It wont be easy this time with three children in tow - but its good to read your posts and see how you're all getting on. As soon as the business is handed over, the house will go on the market, god I'm nervous this time round, last time was an exciting adventure ! I'm sure its the right decision though ! Off to London next week to get our passports renewed and passports for the children. I'm sure i'll be dropping into this forum alot more from now on for help and advice, never been to Adelaide but it just feels right !

Guest conor222

Hi there

We are about to do the move, no reccy with 3 under 4s after never having been there - interesting that you're doing what you're doing... how old are the children?

Guest Itcheefeet

Hi - 3 children under 4 ! That'll be an interesting flight ;) ! Our children are thankfully abit older, the eldest was born in Perth he's 10, then 6 and 3. We always said we'd get back to Aus before he starts Secondary school, so we'll just make it ! Its so daunting, especially with no jobs to go to. How are your plans going ?

Guest conor222
Hi - 3 children under 4 ! That'll be an interesting flight ;) ! Our children are thankfully abit older, the eldest was born in Perth he's 10, then 6 and 3. We always said we'd get back to Aus before he starts Secondary school, so we'll just make it ! Its so daunting, especially with no jobs to go to. How are your plans going ?
We're pretty good thanks just about to book flights and had some removal companies round so slowly getting sorted.... You?

Guest weegie

Hi Itcheefeet,

Wow - what a story. Well done for accepting you might have made a mistake and deciding to give it another go - how did your family take that? Does that make you a yo-yo'er? We'll be there on 1st March next year and I can't wait to go.

Guest Itcheefeet

Thanks Weegie - hoping this move puts an end to our yo-yo ping ponging ! Can but learn by our mistakes ! Wont be telling my parents for a long time though - dreading that one ! As for the children, they have grown up with the idea so thats easy. Good Luck with your move, hope it goes well !

Conor222 - how are our plans ? I really have no idea where to begin ? Schools, suburbs, accomodation ? Just wandering about in a state of confusion - but positive confusion. It's hard to believe 13 years ago we did it with no internet access - imagine that ! Think I will be posting on here alot :)

Guest conor222

Hee hee re the state of confusion I just resort to realestate.au ... That seems to help even though we can't start our search til December... Struggling with what else is even possible before we get there... Hubby job hunting & me on the removals..... What are you doing ?

Guest Wellse

itcheefeet and connor222, hello and good luck to you both! we are moving to Adelaide in September, came to Melbourne last year! We also have 3 children they seemed to settle a lot quicker and easier than us!