newbe

Guest ems

Hi All

Just regisered so thought i'd better introduce myself. My name is Emma and I will hopefully be moving to Adelade in January 2009 with my daughter Alicia who is 6 years old . I've just been offered a job at the RAH to which i have obviously excepted (i would have been daft not to). I'm sure i am going to be spending a lot of time on pomsin adelaide as there is so much i need to find out. looking forward to making contact with everyone.

Emma and Alicia.:)

hi emma love

am sue and new on here too welcome to pia its a great place and everyones really nice.

you can also chat live to members in the chat rooms its great! some live here in the uk and some live in adelaide, well hope to speak soon bye for now

Guest Django

Hi Emma,

Welcome to PIA and well done on getting the job offer.:) How is Alicia looking forward to it? Our Sophie (5) can't wait and constantly asks when we can go.

Good luck with everything

Pete

Guest alibongo

Hi Emma,

Welcome to PIA, Congrats on the job offer!

you'll find theres a wealth of knowledge on this site..Really useful advice

Good luck

Ali

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma,

I'm a newbe 2. I have an interview to-morrow for RAH, so fingers crossed. I have Ethan 9, Erin 6 and the OM Darren. Erin looking forward to the thought, but not the spiders.

Loads of great information on this site, my OM say's i'm always on... Like to keep up to date!

Cara

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

Emma,

welcome to the site,if theres anything you need to know just ask,i am sure someone will be able to answer your questions.good luck.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum.

Hi Cara

Good luck with ur interview, theyre acually really nice, i was quite nervous bfore i went in and very calm when i came out (apart from being in shock at he job offer). Are you going for metal health nursing or general nursing. It will be great to keep in touch. Good luck again

Emma

Alicia (6)

Thanks Pete

Alicia is very excited, when told her i had been offered the job all she said was when are we going, when i said it would probably be after xmas she wasnt happy as she wanted to go the next day. When are you going? It sounds like Sophie is a keen as Alicia

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma,

Nerves have kicked in know..... Thanks for the reply. I am general nursing. God i hope they tell me there and then if i got a job, can't handle the waiting!!!!

Will let u know.

Cara

Guest Mich&Vin

Hi,

Can I be really cheeky and ask what the annual salary for a nurse is in oz? We are looking to emigrate to Adelaide but not for about 3 yrs, but it doesn't stop me getting all excited about planning it already! I will start my back to nurse course in November this year (registration elapsed due to being a stay at home mum with baby Nathan) and to satisfy visa requirements I will need to work in UK for at least 12 months but will probably be 24 months to get the experience. My OH is a bus driver in UK and hopes to do that in Adelaide, but if there is no call for them or the pay is not good, he could always fall back on ceramic wall and floor tiling which he has done self employed for years, but has no certificate in. Anyway, I'm waffling on a bit, sorry. Just need to know what kind of income (before and after tax) I could expect being a nurse. I am a grade 5 here in UK (Only qualified in 2006 and left employment after a few months to have baby, so not very experienced at the mo!

thanks for listening

Michele

X

Hi Sue

I didnt know you could chat on chat rooms to. Thats great to know thanks. I think i'm going to be able get loads of info of here, its great to see how everyone is getting on with the move and how people settle in.

Emma + Alicia (6)

Hi,

Can I be really cheeky and ask what the annual salary for a nurse is in oz? We are looking to emigrate to Adelaide but not for about 3 yrs, but it doesn't stop me getting all excited about planning it already! I will start my back to nurse course in November this year (registration elapsed due to being a stay at home mum with baby Nathan) and to satisfy visa requirements I will need to work in UK for at least 12 months but will probably be 24 months to get the experience. My OH is a bus driver in UK and hopes to do that in Adelaide, but if there is no call for them or the pay is not good, he could always fall back on ceramic wall and floor tiling which he has done self employed for years, but has no certificate in. Anyway, I'm waffling on a bit, sorry. Just need to know what kind of income (before and after tax) I could expect being a nurse. I am a grade 5 here in UK (Only qualified in 2006 and left employment after a few months to have baby, so not very experienced at the mo!

thanks for listening

Michele

X

Hi Michele

Im looking at going to Adelaide in Jan 2009, i'm sure that in October this year the salary goes up to around £48000.0 ish before tax. I to qualified in September 2006 so this salary is for someone who has had 2 years post reg experience. I'm not entirely sure on how that works after tax, i know you pay a higher rate until you get your residency (or something like that), which i have been told they can put you through for after 3-6 months. With the tax you can also salary sacrifice up to 30% (i think) of you wages, that is also something i need to look into a bit more. As soon as i find out any more info i will let you know. Hopefully there will be more people who can give you a bit more of an answer. That would be good for me to. Good luck with everything and keep in touch.

Emma + Alicia(6)

Hi Kristian

Wow, wish i was as close to going as you are, bet your getting excited now? There is possibly one question you could answer at the moment, do you know what the hours will be if working long days? i know im a long way of going yet but im just going through childcare in my head. Once i have that figured out it will be easier. Keep me posted as to how things are going for you. It would be great to keep in touch.

Emma + Alicia(6)

Those Shifts are better than i thought. I read something before (cant remember where) and it said the late shifts didnt finish till 22:45, which was going to make my childcare a lot more expensive. I was in such shock at the inteview after i had been told i had got the job didnt even think to ask what the shifts were. Thanks for that.

Emma + Alicia(6)

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma,

Well got offered a job at RAH, can't belive it..... I like you had loads of questions to ask, but was so shocked to be offered a job i forgot to ask any questions. I am hoping to be out there Dec, Jan. Any body ready this that works there or no's anyone greatful for any imformation.

Keep in touch

Cara

Thats bril Cara. Well done and cograts. I should be seeing you there then. What area do you specialize in if you dont mind me asking? I'm in gynae. Do you know the shifts? If not Kristian has put them in, just go up a few messages from here. Well done again.

Emma + Alica(6)

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma.

Well believe it or not i have not qualified yet, 3 weeks 2 go... I was a HCA for 16 yrs before so i think that stood me in good sted. I like A&E, cardio, med. I have a job on a male respiratory wd, have been there for the last 3 months, finish on 30 march, start as RN on 31 march.

Thanks for the thread

cara

Doubly cograts then Cara. I bet your deams are coming true all at once. I qualified in sep 2006 but it only feels like 5 minutes ago. Have a great weekend celebrating, im saving mine till next weekend as i have two 14 hour shifts over the weekend (its not as bad as it sounds). Take care and look forward to chatting again soon.x

Emma

Guest happy feet

Thanks Emma,

Tell me about 14 hour shifts. I work long days, and i must be honest didn't realise the amount of work staff nurses had to do as as HCA, i do know...... Use to live in colchester before i meet the OM, been tp ur neck of the woods many times.

Cara