Nurse looking for a job

Oxi

Hi everyone! I am an operating theatre registered nurse working in UK. My husband and I seriously want to come and experience life in Adelaide, as we heard it's a lovely place to bring up our two little sons 4 and 6. I have no clue how and where to start the process, so I thought I will try to ask for help on your forum. What to do first: Ielts? australian nursing registration? look for a job? Anyone can help please:smile:.

Thanks

Oxi

Guest RobJ1978

Hi

there is a nurses thread under the jobs forum...but yes ielts us very much the first job....may not be any spaces for 2 months so enquire early.

Have a look at my timeline for ideas on order...i came on 176.

Nic.x.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! I am an operating theatre registered nurse working in UK. My husband and I seriously want to come and experience life in Adelaide, as we heard it's a lovely place to bring up our two little sons 4 and 6. I have no clue how and where to start the process, so I thought I will try to ask for help on your forum. What to do first: Ielts? australian nursing registration? look for a job? Anyone can help please:smile:.

Thanks

Oxi

IELTS is a definate

ANMAC - to get your nursing skills assessed, take a look at the site and start getting everything together, you'll need to get your documents certified by a notary/JP.

APHRA - this is the regulatory body that gives you your registration to practise (NMC over here)

I am lead to believe that you don't need to go through ANMAC if you're going to oz on a employer sposored visa, but you will need it if your going to go for the permanent residency visa. Rules have changed recently and you now have to put in a EOI (expression of interest) to apply for visa, if they "want" you you will then be asked to apply... http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Hope this helps and i'm sure someone with more knowledge on this will be on soon

Sue

• 1 year later...

What's first ANMAC or AHPRA?

Hi guys! Haven't been here for awhile due to family circumstances, but ,a year later, with fresh energy we are ready to tackle the move!

good news - IELTS are done!!! New dilemma: what's first ANMAC or AHPRA?

Also, anyone recently successfully registered with their CV Aussie style? I had a quick look - totally confused. Could anyone be so kind to let me have a look at theirs for ideas?

Has registration prices gone up recently?

Thank you all.waiting for your help :)))

Oxi

If you are going to go for PR then ANMAC which can take about 3 months or so for them to complete skills assessment, you will need certified copies of documents and I would advise to get several copies done of each document as it saves time and money during the long and lengthy process, you will also need copy of same stuff for AHPRA as well, I can still remember the headache of getting it all together :wacko: I believe you can still apply to ahpra at same time, do you have a timescale for getting to Australia?

Good luck and i'm sure others will be along too with more information :)

http://www.anmac.org.au/fee-schedule-0

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/Fees.aspx

Edited by mummytummy

Thanks Sue - thats what I thought, so will tighten the belt to pay all those fees :0 Re: timescales - would like to have a visa in a year and will try for PR. We have got school kids - so will be looking for good schools. How difficult is to get into schools in Adelaide, is there a waiting list?

Anyone can please help with CV for AHPRA - can't get my head around it

thank you

Oxi

Guest Spratnat

Hi i am a neonatal nurse and just like you am just starting out on this journey. My husband's work has a head office in adelaide and twice he has been out there and twice it has looked liked he may have a transfer but so far nothing has transpired so i am sorting out my nursing so that i will either be able to practice nursing in australia by the time he gets a job or if one doesnt transpire we can apply for a visa with my nursing! The first thing to do is apply for your IELTS test as you cant progress any further without that! I have booked mine in and just starting to practice as everyone says it is hard ! In the meantime i am collecting the things needed by ANMAC, references, registration verification etc so that when i pass my test i am ready to go onto the next stage! Good luck & let me know how you get on! Nat x

Thanks

Oxi

Guest Spratnat

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me which documents you need to get certified by a notary? I have requested registration verification by the NMC? Thanks, new to this aswell! Nat

IELTS is a definate

ANMAC - to get your nursing skills assessed, take a look at the site and start getting everything together, you'll need to get your documents certified by a notary/JP.

APHRA - this is the regulatory body that gives you your registration to practise (NMC over here)

I am lead to believe that you don't need to go through ANMAC if you're going to oz on a employer sposored visa, but you will need it if your going to go for the permanent residency visa. Rules have changed recently and you now have to put in a EOI (expression of interest) to apply for visa, if they "want" you you will then be asked to apply... http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Hope this helps and i'm sure someone with more knowledge on this will be on soon

Sue

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Hi I was wondering if you could tell me which documents you need to get certified by a notary? I have requested registration verification by the NMC? Thanks, new to this aswell! Nat

Thanks Sue - thats what I thought, so will tighten the belt to pay all those fees :0 Re: timescales - would like to have a visa in a year and will try for PR. We have got school kids - so will be looking for good schools. How difficult is to get into schools in Adelaide, is there a waiting list?

Anyone can please help with CV for AHPRA - can't get my head around it

thank you

Oxi

Hi,

I'm not a nurse but I am an OT. I had to have my Degree, Uni transcripts, birth cert, divorce papers, marriage cert, passport, HCPC reg for the skills Ax. The birth, divorce and marriage was for a name trail as my degree was a different name to my visa application. I took about 3 copies of each in to be certified just in case they get lost in the process.

I'm not sure where you are in the UK but there is a meet up on Sunday 14th Oct at Doncaster services at about 12 noon. I know there are two nurses going, one of which arranged the meet. I know she has completed the process and is due to go out in the near future. I'm sure you'd both me more than welcome and you could get face to face advise from people in the same profession.

Hi Nat, nice to know you and hoping we can share tips and ideas to get us through all this to the final destination. Good luck with your Ielts test, I had to do it twice, as writing essay didn't score enough points first time round. After the first fiasco, I have spend about a week watching you tube lessons about structuring the essay - that really helped me. However, English is my second language, so you probably be alright. If you learn the structure - it will help you write an essay quicker, as 1 hour is really tight for two writing parts. Another mistake to avoid - on reading test I didn't write my answers on answer sheet, but in the book with text, then run out of time transferring the answers at the end - so write it straight away onto answer sheet - the rest is easy. Good luck with it!!

re: certifying documents - just started the list what to certify, phoned around notaries - got a quote for 7 docs around £100, planning to do couple of copies of each. Requested verification paper from NMC. Next - request IELTS centre send results to ANMAC and AHPRA.

Keep in touch, would love to hear about your progress.

Oxi

Guest Spratnat

Thanks for the invite but i will be away that week, in australia as my husband has to go out for a work conference so i am going to go out too & check out adelaide!! Nat x

Hi,

I'm not a nurse but I am an OT. I had to have my Degree, Uni transcripts, birth cert, divorce papers, marriage cert, passport, HCPC reg for the skills Ax. The birth, divorce and marriage was for a name trail as my degree was a different name to my visa application. I took about 3 copies of each in to be certified just in case they get lost in the process.

I'm not sure where you are in the UK but there is a meet up on Sunday 14th Oct at Doncaster services at about 12 noon. I know there are two nurses going, one of which arranged the meet. I know she has completed the process and is due to go out in the near future. I'm sure you'd both me more than welcome and you could get face to face advise from people in the same profession.

Oxi, are you applying for visa for yourself or are family also going with you as you will also need certified copies of their birth certificate, passport as well depending on the type of visa you go for, we ended up going back and forth to magistrates court to get things certified, just when you think you've done it all someone will ask for a certified copy of something you haven't got lol! money will just trickle through your fingers, but worth it in the end :)

Oxi, are you applying for visa for yourself or are family also going with you as you will also need certified copies of their birth certificate, passport as well depending on the type of visa you go for, we ended up going back and forth to magistrates court to get things certified, just when you think you've done it all someone will ask for a certified copy of something you haven't got lol! money will just trickle through your fingers, but worth it in the end :)

Oh my god!! I haven't even thought about it - thank you mummy tummy. Planning to apply for PR for whole family I suppose, haven't look that far yet :0 Will definitely research the paperwork needed for the whole family before going to the notary. Thank you very much :)

Oxi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MandiMR2

Hi Oxy & everyone else & welcome.

I'm a nurse with a sole permanent 190 visa. I'm here in Adelaide at present on my visa validation & research trip for 3 wks, then will be making the permanent move end of Jan. I recommend this visa as it is permanent, providing better security & more eligibility to things when here as mentioned above. Yes it's a lengthy & expensive process, mine taking a total of 9 months from sitting the IELTS to having my visa granted & up to date a cost of £3,500. The process changes all the time, but if I can help with anything please just ask.

With regards to having your documents notarised, I went to my local crown court & had them done for free by the justice of peace & as mentioned above have, duplicate copies done as you will need to submit them more than once.

It's a shame you can't make the meet up I've arranged (Thanku Rach for mentioning it) but I would definitely recommend you arrange one for nearer to you, it's a fabulous source of information & experiences as well as a great opportunity to meet & make new friends.

Well best of luck with your journey, keep the faith in your dreams & you'll get there, Mandi x