• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Welcome to pia! we are pretty new, also in the north west we live in Chorlton south Manchester.
      Congrats on your visas...wow i cant wait to have ours!!:)

This site is just amazing, eveyone is very helpful and friendly, i cant praise it enough!!!

Good luck with the move!!

Reynella East, SA
      181 times
      I am feeling really guilty now!!!

I think the main thing to remember is that there are shortages but not really in metro areas yet. Mostly they are in the country.

But Victor Harbour is about an hours drive from us in the southern suburbs and we are 20 mins outside the city. VH is considered country so if you don't mind a drive there is an option. Likewise Murray Bridge and Hahndorf, Stirling etc. Pretty but a little further out.

Some schools have issues with recruiting staff and if you show a willingness to work there, you will get regular work.

PM and I will give you details of schools. This will at least potentially give you an initial if irregular cash flow.

What I was trying to say is that permanent work is not easy to come by. We got here in April last year and the employment situation has been changeable.

If I had known it would be like, I still would have come. I didn't expect it to be easy but the life my children have here more than compensates. Please don't let me put you off.

The jobs are starting to come through now. There was very very little in the weeks between Nov-Feb. Now a few are popping up so hang in there and go to the sites I gave you to see the type of stuff out there. Jobs appear each Saturday. The Catholic website is updated daily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums