so much to research!!

Guest thekeans

Guest thekeans

Hi

I am new to all of this. My husband and I have been thinking about migrating to OZ for years but could never find a way in due to points etc. I started thinking about it a few months ago again and did the points test for my husband who is a graphic designer. Frustratinlgy we only had 110 and that was with the 25 points for the language test, which he may not have passed as is dyslexic. Anyway I thought I am not going to be beaten so did tons of research and found that his job is in demand on the 475 visa to Adelaide. I travelled around OZ years ago but did not visit Adelaide so do not know anything about it. My husband was keen on the bigger cities but we had no choice except if we were to go down the employer sponsorship route which is too doggy. So after a lot of research he is now very into the idea of Adelaide and so am I. We have two small children and the reason for the move is a better life for them and I think that Adelaide is going to offer just that. So that is my story. Got to save the money for the skills assessment and then hoping to be able to apply for the actual visa in September time. So looking to go out next summer ( British).

What I do want to know is some info on areas especially near to the coast that is still reasonable.

Thanks

:wubclub:

Clare 30

Rich 29

Rosie 3

William 6mths

Guest Django

Hi Clare,

Well done on the research front;)

It doesn't matter how you get in so long as you get in. Hope things work out. Keep us updated.

Pete

Guest Libby1971

Well done for persevering and finding a way here.

We did the same but gave up work to get a degree and retrain as teachers - the whole thing took 11 years!

Welcome to pia.

Libby

Guest skellysgirl

Hiya , im a Graphic Designer too and pretty much in the same boat looking at a sir 475 to adelaide and hoping to get there by the end of next summer,

and i agree there is just so much to do , gonna set up an online to do list i think

i have done quite a bit of research on this in the last few weeks if i can help in any way

Hi there - we to are hoping to go on the 475. Likewise, we were 10 points short, tried the IELTS but ran out of time as OH is 35 in a couple of weeks so would loose even more points!

Good news was that we were swaying towards adelaide area anyway as looks to offer better long term prospects for us and children as well as offering us the chance to be near the countryside and the coast.

We are currently in the process of applying to SA gov for sponsorship, then hopefully if all goes well we can apply for our visa.

Hope all goes well for you

Take care Julie

Guest louiesmum

Hi Claire, Rich, Rosie & William,

Welcome to PIA, good luck with getting your visa, & well done for not giving up, there is always a way you just sometimes have to dig a little harder to find it!

Good luck, any Q's ask away there is normally someone on here that will be able to help

Guest barmyarmy

i to am in the research part of it all and i,ve found aldinga near the beach with good reports from a few brits having houses built or moving next year. a new build house 4 beds 2 baths for approx.£140,000 sounds good to me ,might be worth a bit of research yourself ,hope this is some use to you ,if you find anything out or need to ask anything fire away if i can help i will