Hello, general advise and car info?

Guest seven4seven

Guest seven4seven

Hi,

Firstly thanks for all the info on this site, I cant imagine how hard it would be otherwise. I have moved onto here from pomsinoz now that we have decided to come to Adelaide. We plan to move over in August for 6 months on a working holiday visa. We felt it better to have a trial period to get a feel for things rather then completely move over and find its not for us. Right/wrong? We were in OZ for 2 months last year on holiday. Any advice would be greatly appricated. I am struggling slightly trying to find a suitbale method of transport. Renting a car is about $4500 for the six months so do we buy a car and sell it when we leave? I cannot find anywere that would lease a car rather then rent or sell. I'm stuck!!!!:goofy:

We have researched suburbs and found lots of info on areas to live but are there some that are better for rentals?

regards,

Ian

Guest Django

Hi Ian,

Welcome to PIA. Nice of you to join us. I'm a London boy (Shepherds Bush) what part of the big smoke are you from? I use PIO as well but don't spend that much time on there.

Post your questions in the relevent part of the forum and I'm sure you will get the answers you seek as not many people pop into this bit.

Good luck

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Welcome to the forum. In answer to your Q, I think you would be better off buying a second hand car then selling it afterwards. 2nd hand cars hold their value here, so be prepared to spend more than you might of bargained on, but you will get most of it back.

sarah

Guest seven4seven

Hi,

I'm in the North East London area just into Essex in Hornchurch. Like most on here and any other forum just so frustrated with life in England. Don’t get me wrong we have a comfortable life, nice house, cars etc but in order to have those things we have to sacrifice on quality time with each other and enjoying life as apposed to working every moment god sends. I think I'll be buying a car in Adelaide then, I've had a quick look on autotrader.com.au maybe I can pick up a Japanese import or old Ute. We've been researching suburbs but it’s hard to get a true feel until we are there. We like the look of Flagstaff Hill or Hallett cove, any opinions?

Cheers,

Ian

Guest seven4seven

Cheers Alex,

I'll try the dealers when were over there. When you off to Adelaide? There's quite alot of people on here from Essex, last one left turn the lights off!!

Ian

seven4seven i live in dagenham near gorsebrook im off to oz in april 16th for good i will be hopefully moving to mawson lakes or that sort of area...if your not doing anything march 30th go to the half way house a127 there is a meeting familys going to oz starts about 12pm i think i will be there about 2pm

alex

Guest seven4seven

Alex,

Sounds good. Its only 15mins down the road. Its just me and my fiance Gemma is that ok? we dont have any children. I bet you cannot wait to go.

Ian

hi ya ian just go it gets you out the house for a few hours on sunday it will give the chance to meet other couples and they just talk about how your getting on with visas and anything else also you might get more help about car rental but my ideas works 100% see you both there also my wife lived in hornchurch near to squirels pubs see you both there hopefully

alex

Guest seven4seven

Cheers Alex,

Thanks for that. Gemma and I will see you there. Sounds like a good chance to chat and share ideas etc. castlemaine all round it is then until we can the right side of a VB or Tooheys.;)

Ian

seven4seven hold fire about the meeting i was sent a link about it on sunday via msn will speak to person about i did post a thread on pio as well and they know nothing about it if not there is a meeting in crawley gatwick april 19th or 20th there is links for this on this site i cant go i will be in oz by then lucky old me

alex