Arriving in Hallett Cove in 3 days :-) any furniture help or tips????

Guest anne314

Hey there!!!

We are arriving in Hallett Cove in 3 days! We can't believe it ourselves :smile:

After working on our visa for 6 years, now it is finally happening!!! WHOW!!!!

We have rented an unfurnished house for 2 months. If you have any tips for us concerning our furniture, or if you can help us out in any way, please let us know!!!!

We are emigrating, together with our 1,5 year old Joshua. We are so excited about Hallett Cove, and after we have settled in, we would love to join the meet ups.

See you soon!!! :wink:

Anne, Jeffery and little Joshua

It must be that time of year - so many newbies! lol

We made the move 3.5 years ago now.... with 3 years almost in Hallett Cove. We LOVE it. Make sure you get yourself along to the playgroup at Hallett Cove Karrara Kindy on Barramundi Drive. It's on Fridays (term time) 11am - 1pm (bring lunch). That's where I met all my closest friends - Aussie's, Brit's, South African's and many more! My kids have gone (and are currently attending) the kindy and I am currently chairperson - another amazing way of meeting new people and learning how things work over here.

You can hire furniture and electrical goods from places like Radio Rentals - not done it myself so can't comment on price or quality, but I'm sure others will help. Check out Gumtree (online) for second hand goods. Buy things you aren't shipping over and use them for now - i.e. maybe buy an outdoor table and chairs and use inside until yours arrive. 2 months will fly by so pick up freebies, no matter how crap, to tide you over. Focus on getting a car so you can collect everything!

Best of luck with it all,

Jo xx

Hi Anne we've been in Oz two months now, we were given a free sofa three weeks ago when we moved into Hallett Cove to help us out while our containers on its way. The thought of having nothing comfy to sit on until the stuff arrives is awful! Our stuff is due in around a fortnight, so if you haven't got one then, you willl be more than welcome to come and get it.

Also even if you just want to meet up for a chat/ coffee let me know.

Lisa

Guest anne314

Dear Jo and Lisa,

Thank you so much for your replies and the great tips you gave us!!! And I apologise for my late response! We have been very busy in the last few days to get ourselves settled here in Hallett Cove. It is al coming together though, and we are loving it!!!! I will certainly enter the playgroup, it sounds like lots of fun, and it is also close to where we live :-) Lisa, thank you for offering us your sofa! We would really like to collect it, once your furniture has arrived. I would also love to meet up with you for a coffee, so we will keep in touch :-) Cheers! Anne:smile:

Guest Kerry R

Hi Anne

Just noticed that someone is advertising a free sofa in HC - the post is under the 'welcome' section - posted by the Hallidays

Hope that helsp.

Kerry