Coming back

Guest six and paul

Guest six and paul

Hello all

We are returning to Adelaide after 6yrs in UK husband Paul is Adelaide born and bred as are our girls Jess 10 and Hannah 8 tis me the Brit ! Have been dipping into this site as the Pom in the family and as we arrive beginning of December introducing ourselves. I do have the in laws around and friends via hubby but hope to meet some new friends too as we get organised. No jobs yet , hubby typical Aussie how hard can it be and just happy to be moving back. We shall see, school organised for girls for jan 2013, thanks to friends with girls also. Anyway that's us so far removal men booked, flights booked staying with friends till get rental and jobs!! Thought about time said hello. Thanks Sixo

Guest Katangel

Hi! Similar situation to us but only been in UK for just over 2 years and planning on going back mid next year. Except i.m the aussie and my hubby the pom lol we have 2 boys who were born in Adelaide, 11 and 8 and now our daughter who was born here in UK last year. Can i ask why you have decided to move back? Good luck with everything! :-)

Guest six and paul

Hi there, always said we would think about options when eldest due to move to secondary school, visit at easter looked at adelaide with that in mind and just liked the positive attitude around us from all we met and general vibe, as well as more outdoor lifestyle for girls as get older , compared to uk, we both work in schools here and often get dissapointed by the attitudes of teenagers, media influences etc and like the fact that australia as a whole does not have the same intensity of things there, hubby likes the fact that adelaide is 5-10yrs behind uk when comes to girls growing up into that!! hope makes sense in some way !! sixo

Guest six and paul

Will be based in woodcroft for a while till organised hoping to move to HAwthorndene/coromandel valley eventually , thanks will keep updates on here - sixo

Guest Katangel

Totally agree about kids here in the UK. My eldest is just started at secondary school and even though he.s the same age as them , socially he.s behind them cos he was still considered a little boy at 9 when we got here and now all of a sudden he.s turning into a teenager! It will be hard for him to go back into year 6 in Adelaide next year and wait over a year to go to high school again but i think he.ll benefit from it. The lifestyle is so much more laid back too and you can actually live half decent and not constantly on the bread line. We.re looking at north east suburbs to live as that's where i.m from. Want the kids to go to the banksia park schools. I sooo can't wait to get home ! :-)