Hi everyone

Guest Lorraine Doyle

Guest Lorraine Doyle
:chatterbox: Hi all, new to this site. My name is Lorraine and I'm living in Flagstaff Hill SA. Love it here. Just wanted to say hello and invite you all to my Garage Sale next weekend. It will be a great chance to meet some of you. It finishes at 2pm so if you get there around that time to just meet and chat that would be great also. Very awkward so I guess I'll leave it up to you!!

Guest Lorraine Doyle
Hello and welcome Lorraine.

Are you a recent arrival to Adelaide or been settled a while?

Thanks for your welcome :)

I've been living here for 3 years next month. A lot to do since we arrived... Got kids settled, dogs sent over, bought a house then 2 of my kids started apprenticeships and a 3rd is doing a College course. I'm only feeling now is my time to mix and get to know people.

Updating my skills to suit OH&S and HR laws here before starting work.

What about you? Have you settled here or a recent arrival?

Edited by Lorraine Doyle
Forgot words

Guest Wise old bird
Thanks for your welcome :)

I've been living here for 3 years next month. A lot to do since we arrived... Got kids settled, dogs sent over, bought a house then 2 of my kids started apprenticeships and a 3rd is doing a College course. I'm only feeling now is my time to mix and get to know people.

Updating my skills to suit OH&S and HR laws here before starting work.

What about you? Have you settled here or a recent arrival?

hi Lorraine , I am in hr in the uk and thinking of moving to Australia. Was it tough to requalify? Was it like doing the Cipd?

Guest Lorraine Doyle

Hi Wise Old Bird,

My job before was so varied as we had our own business. I was studying ACCA before coming here. I found the work life here much tougher as its so easy going and because my Role was spilt I was bored during the day. You need to learn the relaxed way of working which was completely new to me.

After a few roles I decided to make a decision on which area I really enjoyed. The HR roles here seem to be much more varied which is why I decided to go that route.

I love the study part and should be up to date in 4 months as I'm not working and doing it full time on line. It's not tough to retrain its a pleasure. Your doing something for you which is always important. I would recommend to everyone coming here allow time and keep in mind that you may need to retrain / do things differently.

Also once you have any type of qualification it's taken into account so its not like your starting from scratch :)

I hope this answered your concerns...

Guest Lorraine Doyle

Thanks for the welcome Jo & Phil. I will of course. As I said to Adele it finishes at 2pm both days so even if you fancy popping over for a beer, tea or coffee your welcome. I'm really starting to feel its our turn now the kids are settled to make friends and get out more :)