Moving to Adelaide next year!!

Guest Charl.M

Guest Charl.M

Hi I thought i would introduce myself and my family - I am new to the site and am bursting with questions and really excited about our move - wer planning on moving over August ish next year!!!

I am Charl im 35 and a general nurse. My husband is Steve 33 and hes an electrician - we have 2 children Lewis is 14 at christmas and layla may is almost 3!

We are thinking of renting around the Glenelg area to begin with.

Skills are being assessed at the minute, We are coming over on the 489 as I cant seem to get that 8 on the writing in the IELTS!!!!

any advice would be really appreciated :biggrin:

Guest adlyn2012
Hi. Wer not far from Chester. What about you? Where about are you looking at moving to in Adelaide?

I am new to this so forgive me if I havent done it right!

My family and I are hoping to be in Adelaide for beginning of July OMG so excited.

Adlyn 35, Russ 40, Lewis 12, Evan 4

We sold our house in two weeks OMG, move into renal in January for six months just hoping to get sponsorship as I am a nurse so we will all go on my visa.

Good to know others are going through the same thing

Good luck to you all :biggrin::biggrin:

Hi. Wer not far from Chester. What about you? Where about are you looking at moving to in Adelaide?

Hi we're from Bristol! Looking at Christies beach,port Noarlunga, like the Sound of a lot of places really so hopefully husband can get a job offer and see where it takes us! Would love to live Glenelg area but not sure if too pricey? again have to have a good look around when there!

We were going to rent our house out here but have just changed our minds and putting it on the market Monday,so fingers crossed will sell and not take forever! Who knows !! It is all very exciting though! Can't believe it's actually happening!

I am new to this so forgive me if I havent done it right!

My family and I are hoping to be in Adelaide for beginning of July OMG so excited.

Adlyn 35, Russ 40, Lewis 12, Evan 4

We sold our house in two weeks OMG, move into renal in January for six months just hoping to get sponsorship as I am a nurse so we will all go on my visa.

Good to know others are going through the same thing

Good luck to you all :biggrin::biggrin:

Two weeks to sell that's brill! Scary I bet, but brill! All the best with everything! Hopefully will all happen quickly now!

Hi we're from Bristol! Looking at Christies beach,port Noarlunga, like the Sound of a lot of places really so hopefully husband can get a job offer and see where it takes us! Would love to live Glenelg area but not sure if too pricey? again have to have a good look around when there!

We were going to rent our house out here but have just changed our minds and putting it on the market Monday,so fingers crossed will sell and not take forever! Who knows !! It is all very exciting though! Can't believe it's actually happening!

Glenelg will be pricey but we've taken a modest ($330 per week) 3 bed rental in not so far away Lockleys and really like it - very handy for working in the city (I did the Moana > City Centre commute for 5 weeks and it was too long for me), and with easy access to the city beaches. Before you know, you'll be here - good luck!

Hi Charl

Welcome to the site - please ask away - we're a helpful bunch on here!

Have you been to Adelaide or Australia before? The weather is gorgeous here at the moment and usually stays nice until about April. We arrived in August , 5 years ago... it may be cooler at first, but you wont have long to wait until the nicer weather kicks in.

Good luck with the rest of your plans

Sarahx

Guest Charl.M

Thanks everyone!! We also like a lot of places - im trying to find an area thats not to far from shops as well as the beach but thats also good for teenagers to keep him occupied!

Yeah we have been to Australia before on holiday - we have family in NSW we have also visited Melbourne both lovely but we love the look of Adelaide...... and cant wait to be there..........

Guest adlyn2012

Hi Charl

I also have son lewis 13 in December and Evan 4.

I see you are a general nurse, why have you choose 489? is that the permanent skilled independent?

I have an interview lined up in Dec for Calvary private in North Adelaide they offer sponsorship then permanent residence after 3 months. Its through health care elite agency, have a google see what you think think the hospital is coming to do interviews all round uk in December.

Best wishes

Adlyn

Guest Charl.M

Hi adlyn we have opted for that visa which is a regional sponsored visa. And after 2 years can become permenant this is because I am 5 points short for the 190 :(

what visa will you go on?

i will look at that private hospital. Thanks. Do they have a web address?

Guest jones1541

Hi everyone

We are a family of 4, me 33, Paul 37, Jac 5 and Ela 2. We are both nurses. I've also got a job through healthcare elite, I had face to face interview in London about two weeks ago and i've been offered a post in Burnside hospital. We are travelling on the 457 (not sure what the new one is called), and after 6 months can start the 190 visa process), we hope to be there feb/march :)

Claire

Hi Charl.M, I hope you don't mind me jumping onto your thread. My partner and I are planning to move (hopefully at the end of September) next year. It is so good to hear about people who are as excited as I am. I already have my visa but we have to save before we can go. I'm on permanent count down and it is just nice to speak to someone who is in the same position! OH and I also loved Glenelg and are hoping to rent near there. Maybe Brighton. Are you near Chester? We are in Liverpool so not a world away. I hope your house sells soon. Good luck. x

Guest jones1541

Hi,thanks Tamara/Elaine. We've got a 2nd viewing on the house tomorrow...its all getting a little scary now!! Were in Caernarfon not far from Charl.M and Shelagh, its nice to chat to people going through the same rollercoaster :)

Guest Charl.M

Hi Shelagh thats not far at all is it!! it is nice to speak to other people that are just as excited - my friends arent that excited for us as they dont want us to go :( but they are happy though!!

Adlyn - i spoke to healthcare elite today and they say that they will get me an interview so fingers crossed hey! thanks for the recommendation!

Guest adlyn2012

That's great Charl. Google the hospital Calvery Hospital North Adelaide.

They have sent me the stuff through to prepare for the interview today. I dont know how long they will keep the post open if im successful as I dont think we will be financially ready before July.

My dilemma now is do we take furniture, or sell it as trying to way up the prices of shipping and having to rent fully furnished place until our furniture arrives. Its thousands or we could take tvs, personal items, consoles etc and start again make do with second hand white goods etc until we start earning. So many things to research:arghh: heads spinning LOL!

Suppose its about the journey not just the destination. It will be all worth it i am very sure!

Guest weshardy5

hi,

my name is wes 41 rachel 36 joshua 16 tyler 12 and jacob 7 month.

i am a electrician rachel is a mother / book keeper.

we are looking to arrive in adelaide around this time next year. all visas granted and validated.

we liked the look of seaford rise when we were over, my main concern is the work prospects at the moment.

i can work as a maintenance engineer/technician also so hopefully i will be ok.

i will be doing the distance learning course with peer veet soon so hopefully i can get my a class licence a little quicker once were there.

it would be great to meet new friends on here and hopefully over there once we arrive.

Hi

We have been granted or 190 visa, hoping to go early next July as we are getting married at the end of June. I am 34, a teacher, my partner is 39 and we have a year old (next week) baby!

We can't wait to go, we are going to put our house on the market in the New Year but I would like to put it on a bit sooner.

I am in the process of trying to get registered as a teacher in SA so I can start applying for jobs with the hope of having something set up for going out.

We haven't decided on an area yet, the job is the most important thing and that will have an impact on where we live.

x

Guest Charl.M

Im in exactly the same boat adlyn - we dont plan to move until August, but they said on the phone that they are looking to start new contracts June/July so hopefully it will tie in with when we want to go!!

We have had a quote from PSS for £800 to take our tvs, games consoles, toys, pictures, linen etc. We are going to start again with everything else!

Weshardy5 my husband is an electrician and he has been talking to a few people on here who dont think that he will have any problems getting work over there!

xx