Driving licences

Guest pitrat

Hi all, more questions!!( hopefully when i get there I will be able to answer for others!!) I currently hold full Car, Motorcycle and heavy goods licences, what do I have to do to change these over to Australian ones? I believe that the HGV is not transferable but think the motorcycle is ok? any advice? I think it will be more economical to have car for the wife and motorcycle for me till we settle in but think I will need the HGV licence asap to gain decent employment as I am a diesel fitter, also how much would I be looking at to take a HGV licence? (roughly).

Thanks again

Steve

Hi all, more questions!!( hopefully when i get there I will be able to answer for others!!) I currently hold full Car, Motorcycle and heavy goods licences, what do I have to do to change these over to Australian ones? I believe that the HGV is not transferable but think the motorcycle is ok? any advice? I think it will be more economical to have car for the wife and motorcycle for me till we settle in but think I will need the HGV licence asap to gain decent employment as I am a diesel fitter, also how much would I be looking at to take a HGV licence? (roughly).

Thanks again

Steve

Hi

you can change the car and motor bike but not the HGV my husband has changed the car and bike but had to do the HGV he's just completed the MR and waiting to do the HR if you look up Allen Miller in Lonsdale they do all this, you may see the prices too so you will have an idea or e mail them

cheers