young people.

Guest weshardy5

Guest weshardy5

hi all.

we are all moving over to Adelaide next year and we have 3 boys, 2 teenagers. Joshua 16,17 in October next year,and Tyler 13.

both are concerned about the move and are looking to meet new friends on here and over there.

josh leaves school in June 2013 and Tyler will be in year ten in the uk when we move.

is there a forum for them both?

any help would be great.

thanks all

wes:wink:

Guest Lorraine Doyle

Facebook is what they all use, or at least mine do. We live south if that's any good. Tyler is in the same year as Megan I think year 10. I can give you her link or if they prefer to speak to my son who was also worried moving over but settled can give you his. I will check with them later today.

Hi Wes,

All the best with the move.

We arrived with two teenage boys, one 17 and one 15. If i could change anything i wish that we had moved when they were a little younger so that it would have been a little easier to meet and make friends. They know plenty of people now and their concerns about the move are justified....although...if it's any help....the people are really friendly and they will make new friends very quickly over here.

This site is a very good place for them to meet people...not just teenagers...the whole family, as we all have many common shared experiences in starting a new life in a vast strange country!

If they get active on the forumns they may have some new faces waiting to show them around once you get here.

Take care.

Tamara

Hi Wes,

when are you moving to Adelaide? we are going to OZ in January and we also have a teenage son who is 16, turning 17 shortly after our move. He is also VERY concerned that he will have no friends and will have to spend his birthday with an old borring couple like us and his little sister who is only 3...