Just got golden ticket for Oz

Guest Yates's

Guest Yates's

:D Great news everyone. We've just got our 138 Visa and will be Adelaide bound when the house sells. Hopefully by September this year.

We are Warren and Michelle and with 3 kids (6 years and 19 mth twins)

Good luck to all

Warren

Guest happy-jools

welcome to you all.

Congratulations on the Visa.

Enjoy your journey.

What you think of Adelaide when you were on holiday last year?

Julia & Steve

Guest Yates's

Hi Julia & Steve,

Overall I thought Adelaide was great. I didn't see as much as I would have liked because we took the twins (harry & milly) and they were on 5 mths at the time.

An honest summary would be that Adelaide has a bit of everything. Old quaint colonial buildings mixed in with modern city life. The city centre was thriving with plenty of shops etc.. and I found it easy to navigate. I saw one or two beggers/homeless, near the train station but nothing like on a scale with Manchester. I only spent half a day in the city centre: again, clean and organised. Zoo was great and there was plenty of open space and parks around the centre.

I spent most of my time in the suburbs south of Adelaide as my sister lives in Morphett Vale. I liked Woodcroft, Aberfoyle Park, Old Reynella, Happy Valley, Blackwood, Eden Hills, Glenalta, Port Noralunga and Halett Cove to name a few. Again leafy and laid back. Straight roads on the whole (expect towards the hills) with the occasion shopping precinct/mall. Pubs were scarce and when we found one called the Emu, it was huge - pokies (slot machines, restaurant, and bookies in one) had a good few drink though. Plenty of green everywhere with children's play parks etc. Typical suburbia but spread out because most houses are bungalows with fairly large plots compared to Uk.

Also plenty of long sandy beaches along the south coast with the odd rocky cove. For a proper night out though its the city centre or Glenelg which was quite lively and touristy.

Fantastic weather in Feb 25-35 degrees. Great smell from the local trees/parks. I think they were gum trees. Strange looking magpies. Same colours with huge beaks.

I could go on but enough said

Warren

Guest Guest75
:D Great news everyone. We've just got our 138 Visa and will be Adelaide bound when the house sells. Hopefully by September this year.

We are Warren and Michelle and with 3 kids (6 years and 19 mth twins)

Good luck to all

Warren

Hi and welcome Warren.Congrats on your visa.

We live in Onkaparinga Hills,just above Morphett Vale.Just think we might have bumped into each other and never known......... :)

Hi Julia & Steve' date='

Strange looking magpies. Same colours with huge beaks.

Warren[/quote']

And dangerous Warren, first time we saw a sign that said

"WARNING! Beware of Magpies"

We thought it was a silly sign, everyone knows Magpies fly away at the slightest noise. WRONG!! here (well at least up in Brisbane) the magpies attck people, you see people out jogging and they're carrying sticks to use to ward off the Magpies.

Guest jen&ian

Hi Yates'

Good to hear from you, We've got kids similar ages to yours and are heading for Adelaide in October. Just wanted to say good luck and maybe we'll see you there!

Jen, Ian, Jay 5, Sam 2 and Noah 7months :D

Guest Yates's

Hello to you aswell Jen & Ian,

Congrats to you too. It's a small place with a big bar-b-que curcuit. Hope to see you there just as the Aus summer is starting. Can't wait! - the kids will love it nearly as much as us. Cooling off in the outdoor swimming pools and on the beach. 8)

Warren