North easterners (UK not Adelaide)

Guest guest8040

Guest guest8040

Just curious if there's any others heading out or those already there and settled? We're family of four leaving Chester-le-Street in April 2013 for Adelaide! Would love to hear from fellow northerners and my husband would be especially interested in any SAFC mad emigrants

I am from Newcastle, west end and certainly not a SAFC...but a true NUFC...been here for just over a year and loving it. The toon is in my blood but Adelaide is get into my soul...love the place and have lots of Aussie friends

Black and white in my bones and SAFC in my toilet bowl...lol (no offence meant)

Guest guest8040

Great you two! Lisado how are you feeling about coming back? Are flying on the new Emirates route to Newcastle? We fly out with them in April. Would love to hear about your journey (emigration one that is, not what the flight was like), same to the dirty mag R175 :wink: seriously my husband actually likes a good bit banter with his black n white friends as after SAFC, NUFC score is the one he checks (hopefully to see them lose!), do you get to see many of the matches on tv out there? Thanks to both of you for replying!

Hahaha...love the banter...lol

I have Foxtel but there doesn't seem to be as many NE team games on live, and then again with work I don't really get to see the live ones in any case, but they do show most eventually if you don't mind not checking scores or wearing ear plugs in work.

I know it won't bother the Mackems on here but EUROPEAN GAMES are on Setanta so it is extra cost again...I have gotten into AFL...Crows for Premier League and Port Adelaide MAGPIES for SANFL...funny no dirty Mackems...lol

I don't really even get the chance to catch up with the poms anymore due to work but a lot of the Aussie lads support Chelsea and Liverpool...bloody a glory hunters...hahahaha

Hello fellow North Eastener's - UK and Oz side!

My husband and I are emigrating to Adelaide from Newcastle - towards the end of next year is the plan at the moment. We had a quick visit in August (was cold of course!) to activate our visas, and had a couple of days to look around, seems like a nice place and it's all exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! We're thinking Hallett Cove and Semaphore look nice suburbs - plan to rent for the first year.

My husband is a NUFC supporter - me, not into football - hehe! Like most women i guess! Am sure there will be a good Geordie contingent in Adelaide - hope so as I love the Geordies!!!!!! Question is, is Adelaide as fab for a night out as the Toon is? xx

Hi - we are flying with Emirates this time but when we flew here 3 years ago we came with Cathay Pacific and they were superb. Its only as I wanted to fly direct to newcastle this time that we went with Emirates. I am disappointed they cant guarantee a peanut free flight and they weren't flexible on our hotels in Dubai but we will see how we go. its our first time back since we moved and I am excited to see family but not looking forward to the cold! I am looking forward to Xmas as I still can't get my head around xmas here - it's funny!

Our journey out here was ok. We were lucky to have a rental when we arrived and I managed to get a job when we pretty much landed and hubby in 2 weeks of arriving. We have both moved jobs since then and work in positions we would never have had in UK. We made some wonderful friends and would bnever go back to Uk. Of course we have had ups and downs but I can't imagine being anywhere else :)

There are a few Geordies, etc out here. My Aussie mates ask me all the time if we are really like "Geordie Shore" - yeps its hit here! Cringe

Guest guest8040

Oh Blimey can not believe Geordie Shore has made it there - our lives are over!

Great replies everyone, seems the majority are already there, understandable when I looked out the window this morning and saw snow

Guest guest8040

I agree it's good to make some pals before leaving - I couldn't have gone through this without 3 girls I met on here who all left aug/sept. would be great to meet people on my timeline (from wherever they are) as I don't want to plague them with all my worries! They have been fab that said and are loving Adelaide life

• 3 months later...
Guest simpsona

Hi all,

We are Wallsend (Nr Newcastle) Hoping to Emigrate early 2014 to Adelaide. Friends of hours went out Jan 2012 and have never looked back! And yeap they said everyone crackers on Geordie Shore, not the best impression of us Geordies lol! Hubby football mad, coaches for NUFC Academy but supports Spurs! Work that one out ;-) We have 3 children aged 14,12 & 7 and Hubby teaches at Secondary school.

Nice to meet everyone. Sharon. x