Introduction

Guest kenmcfadyen

Guest kenmcfadyen

Hi to all! Being a rather hasty person I have posted twice on this site without actually introducing myself, so I apologise for the bad etiquette and will introduce myself now!

We have been to Adelaide three times and think it's a great place to live. So, we are finally taking the plunge and applying for visas for the four of us to live there. My partner is a GP and has been offered a job in Aldinga and we are in the process of gathering the information needed for a 457 visa initially. We have been told the visa will be fast-tracked, but as we need to sell our house it seems as though that will be what dictates when we actually make the jump.

We are planning to live in Seaford initially, which is where my brother lives, but where we settle will depend on where I get a job too, although I may set up a private clinical psychology practice given recent changes to medicare and psychological therapies.

We hope to send my kids to Seaford 6-12, but still feel that I need to get a grip on the school system before deciding that for certain.

We were sorry to only discover this website a few days ago as I see there was a meet in Birmingham which would have been perfect for us - maybe next time.

Bye for now!

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA. Selling the house does seem to be most people's stumbling block. Ours isn't even on the market yet. Too much decorating and stuff to do first. Good luck with the 457.

Pete