hello everyone

Guest lobbylou

Guest lobbylou

hi guys my name is louise oh ashley and childern ellis 10 &holly 5 . Been looking at this site for a while now and have already got some good info so thanks to everyone for that.

we are hoping to move to adelaide later this year we are just waiting for our paperwork to come through for our medicals and police checks have been waiting since last october its starting to get to me now but hopefully wont be long !! we are nearly there .

we have never been to adelaide it looks lovely a great place to bring up a family , is it really as good as it looks any advice on anything would be great.

louise x

Guest alibongo

hi Louise

Welcome to PIA.

What visa are you applying for/ trade do you have?

I am a nurse waiting for meds and police checks to arrive in Sydney and for Case Officer to be allocated.

Good luck with it all

Ali

Guest Nicky&Andy

:Dhi louise, shouldnt be too long for you now, this is definatly the site for lots of info, from people going to people already there, hope youll hear soon

nicky

Hi Louise, im Silv my family and i emigrated to Adelaide 2 years ago, make sure your really focussed we did`nt find it easy being away from everything we know and everybody we knew ,but your doing it for a new life so hold in there, tell you the truth i`ve never been so scared. But yes Adelaide is beatiful why do you think were going back.But thankfully our removal firm said were not the only people who does that there are loads that they ship back so i don`t feel such a prat now.We wish you all the best hope to see you there. Silv

Guest caoimhe

Hi Louise, welcome

The wait is the hardest part, I just feel my whole life here is on hold.

We've had the meds done but are waiting on results from blood tests before they can send everthing off.

Hang in there and if you get fraustrated this is a great place to vent some rage :arghh:

Guest lobbylou

hi ali great to hear from you ,

my husband ashley is a plumber and we are hopefully going on a ve subclass 175 skilled visa. if we ever get the paper work i so wish they would work a bit faster over there but i surpose good things come to those who wait eh!!

good luck with your journey too guys let me know how you get on .

louise x

Guest lobbylou

hi graingers thanks for the reply so happy to hear you got your visa so they are doin some paperwork there then ! good luck for your new life in oz when you plannin to go soon? its just started snowing outside i want to go now too . be great to hear how you get on .

louise x

Guest lobbylou

thanks for your reply nicky i know this site is great isnt it glad you got your visa how did it feel when you finially heard ?when you plannin to go ? hope the move goes well .

louise x

Guest lobbylou

hello silv thanks for the reply your right it is really hard to stay focused sometimes. we are so close but still so far! i just wish things would start moving again .i try not to think about everything and everyone we will be leavin behind i am starting to well up now just thinking about it god help me when the time comes to go hopefully we will get a visa . let me know how you get on with the move back .

louise x

Guest lobbylou

hi guys your not wrong my life has been on hold since last october its like waiting for a baby to arrive but i hope next month we will get our paperwork for our meds . how did you find them im really worried about them not sure why though we are all healthy i think!

hope you get through yours all ok be great to hear how you get on .

louise x

Guest caoimhe
hi guys your not wrong my life has been on hold since last october its like waiting for a baby to arrive

louise x

Oh Louise I think it's worse than waiting on a baby, at least when your pregnant you know it can be a few weeks either side of the date

I wish we had a rough date so when could make plans :sad:

The medicals are eyes, ears, height, weight etc and your medical history eg operations you've had. No big deal, although saying that we don't know yet if we have passed them :goofy:

Good luck with the whole thing

Guest lobbylou
Oh Louise I think it's worse than waiting on a baby, at least when your pregnant you know it can be a few weeks either side of the date

I wish we had a rough date so when could make plans :sad:

The medicals are eyes, ears, height, weight etc and your medical history eg operations you've had. No big deal, although saying that we don't know yet if we have passed them :goofy:

Good luck with the whole thing

hi jacqueline

yeh your right at least you get a date!

hope your medicals results are good,then your on your way!

do you know where in adelaide you want to go to?

be great to hear how you get on with the next part of your journey.

louise x

Guest caoimhe

I have 2 uncles in Adelaide, 1 in Salisbury and 1 in Salisbury Heights so are thinking of staying near them for a while until we find our feet. I know Salisbury can apparently be a bit rough but a least it's a starting point

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:hi louise, i thought the worst bit was waiting for the visa, the feeling was indiscribable, youll know what i mean when you get yours, but the worst for me is getting the house on the market, i keep finding something else to do !!!! today weve been clearing out all the cubboards, trouble is everything i take out the kids put back in:arghh:

hopefully put it on in the next two weeks (then hope for a quick sale) luke has his exams in june so any time after then we are free to go, we also have to visit andrews mum in spain before we go, any excuse for an extra holiday, , have you heard anything yet??

nicky

Guest lobbylou
I have 2 uncles in Adelaide, 1 in Salisbury and 1 in Salisbury Heights so are thinking of staying near them for a while until we find our feet. I know Salisbury can apparently be a bit rough but a least it's a starting point

hi jacqueline

yeh i have read those areas are not so good but they are doing a lot of redevelopement to bring them back up but at least you will be there. hope you hear something soon . we have just put the house on the market yesterday really didnt want to do it quite upset about it , i dont want to let it go just yet i want to know i have my visa we will see how things go though.

louise x

Guest lobbylou
:jiggy:hi louise, i thought the worst bit was waiting for the visa, the feeling was indiscribable, youll know what i mean when you get yours, but the worst for me is getting the house on the market, i keep finding something else to do !!!! today weve been clearing out all the cubboards, trouble is everything i take out the kids put back in:arghh:

hopefully put it on in the next two weeks (then hope for a quick sale) luke has his exams in june so any time after then we are free to go, we also have to visit andrews mum in spain before we go, any excuse for an extra holiday, , have you heard anything yet??

nicky

hi nicky

know how you feel about the house we put ours up yesterday , really not happy i love my house i dont want to sell untill i have my visa though so we will see how things go market still a bit slow isnt it that doesnt help you though hope you get a quick sale.

our agent rang us yesterday and hopefull we can do our medicals end april so everythings crossed for then the surspence is starting to do me in .keep ya posted .

louise x