cheaper holiday times

Guest jamdon

Guest jamdon

Hi all i have been on the computer all morning trying to get a good deal on a family holidy for the family , has anyone any ideas on the best time to come over because its costing a fortune at the start of the year .

Many thanks

James

Hi all i have been on the computer all morning trying to get a good deal on a family holidy for the family , has anyone any ideas on the best time to come over because its costing a fortune at the start of the year .

Many thanks

James

TBH there are no really cheap times to fly. You fly in UK winter you are heading to Aus peak summer season. Fly at Easter, its Easter there also.

If you are looking just for flights try Skyscanner. Also check out Emirates airline flying via Dubai as sometimes they can have good prices. Also some of the cheaper Chinese airlines might save a bit on the cost of the flight.

If you are wanting to book a proper holiday with accommodation and car included etc then I'd expect to pay through the nose. Better off booking it separate and booking the hotel and car yourself.

I find the cheapest time to fly is probably June, but then if you don't book early enough you don't really make much of a saving. When kids are in school in the UK and when its mid winter in Aus. But I doubt you want to go on a family holiday mid winter in Aus do you?

I have found that the cheaper time of the year is October I have been back a couple of times in October and only paid $1200 return Adelaide to London the last time I was back in 2011.That was with Malaysia airlines I know you are going the opposit way but that is the low season what ever way you are travling.