Hi from Essex

Guest emmyloulou

Guest emmyloulou

Hi there people, Myself & my hubby are new to this site. We've been viewing this site for a while now so we thought that perhaps now should be the time to introduce ourselves. We have been looking at migrating to Oz for a while & just as we made the decision to take the first step we discovered about the removal of pathway D, Bummer!

It looks like this has effected more people than we thought, tradies mostly. We were really gutted about this as it looks like it was our only hope. Hubby is a painter & decorator with 11 years experience/skills but is not qualified. I'm a full-time mummy to our little boy of 16 months but I used to work as a qualified nursery nurse. We can't help but feel so down as it now seems that our dreams have been shattered. Anyone else in a similar position?

Anyway that's enough from us for now.

:cute:

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Wanted to welcome you to PIA! Have you had a word with an agent? Are your qualifications still current/valid have you tried to go via your skill or is this not possible? Sorry don't have any answers, but never say never keep looking there, hopefully is a way you've just got to find it. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to suggest something. Welcome & Good Luck

Guest emmyloulou

Thanks Louiesmum, really kind response. Haven't looked into getting over on my qualifications as we wasn't planning on myself working, hubby would earn enough & we have good savings. Although it could be something we would consider as I have both NVQ 2 & 3 in childcare, although I don't think there's an outcry for nursery nurses in OZ. Hubby was looking into a company that we hope can help us with getting him a qualification. They claim to assess your practical skills & if you can prove your trade with references etc after partaking a short written exam they can issue an NVQ 2 without him having to re-train.

Sorry I'm waffling on a bit now. But thanks again for your reply.

Emma 25, Richard 27 & Max 16months

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Worth a look, but make sure it will then be def recongnised qualification for your visa. It would be horrible to spend money & its not. Hope it all works out. Where abouts in Essex are you from I live in Kent now but i used to live Collier Row

Guest emmyloulou

we're from Benfleet in Essex but rather be in Adelaide ;). Just seems like a very long way off dream right now. Still we are quite young & there must be other ways around it. Just have to keep our chins up I suppose.

Guest Libby1971

My sister lives in Benfleet, small world!!! I shall be in your neck of the woods laster this year during my popover...

Give Ian Harrop a ring www.ianharrop.co.uk - he was brilliant. In your situation I would talk to either him, his wife or Sue Tempany. They are absolutely brilliant - if they can't get you in to Oz, they won't take you on as clients but will give you free advice etc to start.

It can't hurt...

Good luck

Libby

Guest emmyloulou

Ahh thanks guys, your comments have really cheered me up.:cute: I suppose like everyone I get good days when I'm quite confident that we'll acheive our goals & other days when I think we haven't got a hope in hells chance.

How funny that your sister lives in Benfleet Libby1971, it really is a small world. It's snowing here today, so we've been out in the garden with our little one. I said to hubby with a wink, let's take photos of Max in the snow together & hope that in a way it will be the only snow he experiences here & a memory we can share as a family when we eventually get to Adelaide.

Thanks for the reccomendation to Ian harrop Libby, I'll check them out. We were looking into a company called thinking Australia but after giving them a call they didn't seem too keen to help us. Also looked at Go Matilda, Alan Collet & Stephen Dickson have been very helpful but we're on a waiting game right now with decisions from MIA/TRA about a pathway E.

Thanks again

Emma, Richard & Max

hi, im silv you should give (1st contact) a ring (0800 082 0493) my husband is a roofing been roofing for over 20 years hes got no paper work, they were great got us in on a skilled independant regional visas all completed in 9 months all the best silv

Guest emmyloulou
hi, im silv you should give (1st contact) a ring (0800 082 0493) my husband is a roofing been roofing for over 20 years hes got no paper work, they were great got us in on a skilled independant regional visas all completed in 9 months all the best silv

Hi Silv I'll give them a ring then. Thank you so much for replying, I didn't realise that there were so many kind people left out there. You don't come across many these days! Richard, my hubby has just phoned me from work. He said he had told this guy that he sometimes works with our plans to emigrate to Oz, he reckons we've got "no chance" as the Australian gov are so picky about who they let in.

Well that's put me on a bit of a downer, but if anything it's just made me more determined to go for it.

Thanks again Silv:v_SPIN:

don`t get yourself down by listening to what other people, that don`t have a clue tell you both, give 1st contact a ring and find out they will tell you straight then go from there, least you`ll know where your going. and don`t forget to keep me posted ok, silv

Guest Libby1971

Hi emmyloulou

silv is right, take no notice of what mean spirited people say. This whole moving abroad proces will test the patience of saints and some people will show themselves up either through emotional blackmail or lack of encouragement or just plain down right selfishness or jealousy.

Chin up and keep going. My sis and I were chatting on skype and I saw all your snow! Blimey! I was feeling all melancholy as your pond on the reserve was dead. Yesterday it rained a bit and now all things are looking lovely and the ducks are back. All is well with the world.

Now if only the dog could stop getting muddy!

Libby

Guest emmyloulou
Hi emmyloulou

silv is right, take no notice of what mean spirited people say. This whole moving abroad proces will test the patience of saints and some people will show themselves up either through emotional blackmail or lack of encouragement or just plain down right selfishness or jealousy.

Chin up and keep going. My sis and I were chatting on skype and I saw all your snow! Blimey! I was feeling all melancholy as your pond on the reserve was dead. Yesterday it rained a bit and now all things are looking lovely and the ducks are back. All is well with the world.

Now if only the dog could stop getting muddy!

Libby

Hi Libby, yeah the snow was a real shocker! Max enjoyed it though:cute:.

just have to keep our fingers crossed & sit it out & wait now. Contacted Ian Harrop & 1st contact as reccomended with appreciation. They have advised to wait & see what decision TRA comes back with. Only look at other options if that fails as other routes can be quite expensive.

Anyway thanks again guys;)

Emma