Guest miknlou

Guest miknlou

Hi everyone..we are Mik N Lou (not in a cheeky Blackpool side show way) we are currently right at the start of the process, and to some extent still making decisions, but embarking on an adventure.

I'm sure we'll have loads to ask along the way, and I'm sure there's loads out there to help, there certainly seems to be loads of good natured feedback and assistance on the site.

Anyway, were looking at Adelaide as we have friends out there who made the move about 15 months ago.

Hope to speak to you all soon

Mik n Lou

Good luck with your visa application process, miknlou! It might take a while, but you'll get there in the end. Just keep your eye on PIA/PIO and you're bound to pick up friendly, helpful advice along the way. And don't be shy to post any queries you might want advice on: there's always plenty of 'friendly eyes' scanning new threads every day; and if you don't get instant replies, it might be because your question has already been answered elsewhere, so take a bit of time and search all forum categories and you're bound to find what you're looking for somewhere! :smile: Remember, everyone who's gone down the road you're now on have already gone through the different stages and asked the same questions you'll be asking. It's all in here somewhere: you just have to look!

It's all part of the VBA (Very Big Adventure) and is at times scary, exciting, uncertain and mind-numbingly-overwhelming: but, at the end of the day, all very worthwhile in the majority of cases!

But, if it doesn't work out for you, well, it'll cost a few bob for sure, but you can always turn round and go back again. The UK will always be there to welcome you home - as quite a lot of ex-migrants have found - and just think what a wonderful life experience it would all have been!! Life's so short - it truly is! - so don't let new experiences pass you by!!

Good luck!!

And Happy New Year to you all!! x

Edited by barbaitch

Guest MandiMR2

Hi mik n lou!! Welcome! I'm a newbie too, but getting some great advice, tips & recommendations from others on here &/or from previous posts already answered, just navigate your way around, have a notepad handy to jot stuff down & you'll soon be more in the know just like me!! Good luck with it all x

Good luck! To me that sounds like the start of the rest of your lives!:smile:

All of us have been where you are today and I have to say that you will get some great advice and make great friends on this forum.

Be thorough on your research but understand that Australia is about Australia. A new country built by migrants (some 300-400 years ago) and if you are willing to start a new way of life then there shouldn't be any problems for you. I can tell you that I'm enjoying it and I moved by myself. One of the members here who had never met me before (Tyke) picked me up upon arrival and made me feel welcome even though back then he had his hands full with moving homes!

you are in the right place.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest miknlou

Thank you for the good wishes everyone. We've been advised that we do not have the points to achieve state sponsorship, but were still looking at it.

There may also be a possibility of Employer Sponsorship, so if anyone knows of any insurance Assessors/Motor Assessors positions going, please mail me.

Dont worry, were not the sort that gives up easily, so we will be pushing on, speak to you all soon

thanks again

Best of luck with your application. Have you been to Australia before? It is a very different country meaning it is not for everybody. As you have friends already in Adelaide, it maybe worth a cheap holiday to see them and sample the Australian life.

Regarding Insurance Assessor, do you mean Loss Adjuster or Mechanic? I am a Chartered Surveyor which is a respected position in UK however in Australia is not in demand. Fortunately most of my job is Project and Contract Management meaning I am all of a sudden in demand in Australia. I therefore submitted my visa application under Project Builder. It maybe worth investigating the skills required for assesment against your current employment to see if any closely related roles are in demand therefore gaining you the required points.

S