kids football/ soccer

Guest adlyn2012

Guest adlyn2012

Hi everyone.

me & my family are moving over in july, i have a son who is playing soccer at under 14s leve at the momentl. He has been picked to play for his local regional team aswell as his club team here in the uk, Does anyone know of any decent soccer teams for his age level as that is one of the first things i want to sort out when we arrive. We are moving to the north brighton area and will go to that local school. Also i have a 4 year old and he plays so does anyone know if there is anything for him aswell.

Cheers Russ

The season ends around September time, and then most clubs have trials in Sept/October. Look on the FFSA (ffsa.com.au) website for details of when and where the trials are being held. The FFSA junior team directory on their website is not complete so don't pay too much attention to it at the moment.

Club football is very expensive here, annual fees for many clubs are over $600. There are 2 leagues, the JPL (Premier) and JSL (State). Clubs in the North Brighton area that I can think of are W.T. Birkalla based not far outside Glenelg at Camden Park, and Cumberland United (Clarence Gardens), Adelaide Cobras (Plympton), and further south there is Cove FC at Hallett Cove.

To see how good teams are, you can look at last seasons results (tables are on the FFSA website)

The top U13s team (they won the JPL A league) was Western Strikers (Royal Park), then Adelaide City, then Raiders, Cove were 5th, Cumberland 6th and WT Birkalla 8th. Cobras came last in the JPL B league. However, teams change players each year.

Edited by Anne B

Hi,

My son plays U14 JSL (State) for Cumberland Utd. This coming season will be his second there.

http://www.cumberlandunited.com.au/

Arriving in July, the season will be well under way by then, but it will do no harm at all to contact a few clubs as there could be places....players get injured, drop out etc....

Cumberland Utd are set up well, great organisation and pretty successful. Fees are expensive though, but you will find that pretty much across the board in club football. Definitely looking at around the $500-600 mark for fees and that might not include all the required kit.

Ask the school he will be attending what they do for football. My son goes to Reynella East College, and there are plans this year to field teams (both boys and girls), from Year 6 up to U18 level. School football is much cheaper, around $100 for the season

There are also many other competitions your son could try for such as SAPSASA, State Championships (State & Country)

My son has played SAPSASA and State Country, and will probably do State City & Country this year as well.

Edited by lorluc

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi

Im a junior football coach here in uk and have been looking at clubs to join, i also have a son who plays a very high standard, he is contracted to a championship club so will definately be looking to play at the highest standard possible over there.

I will be over in March and the wife and kids coming in July.

While i was over in March last year i had a bit of a look around and found that the higher standard and more competitive teams where from around the city and nrthern but we are moving south so maybe just have to show that the southern clubs can compete with those northern ones. My son dreams of turning out for Adelaide united one day so ill do all i have to to help him achieve this.

There is a footy forum to look at that might help you: http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/

Pm me if you need any more advice and ill help with anything i know

Mark

Guest adlyn2012

im a coach to are you hoping to do it in oz aswell. What age group do you do? I see you are a joiner, do you have work set up, im a tiler and cant find much stuff on internet here in uk.

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi I work with all age groups, planning sessions for for all managers and coaches at our club but prefer to work with the younger ones at the start of there development.

I don't have work lined up but have got a few contacts through applying for every job advertised and from companies I visited on our reccie.

it seems that although the building trade is very slow at the moment you need to actually be there to stand a chance of getting a job. I've phoned loads of companies from here and got the same response from most (we are always looking so give us a call when you arrive)

junior soccer school is the long term ambition though.

Where are you moving from & where to?

mark

Guest adlyn2012

Moving from dumbarton in Scotland but I'm originally from Sheffield I just coach at under 14 level trying to get as many coaching courses under my belt before I go. Moving to north Brighton the mrs got a job in a hospital in centre of Adelaide . What about yourself