Hello everyone

Guest thebigfam

Guest thebigfam

Hello to all. We are new to this site. But we've been reading this forum esp my hubby, Ben, for the past few weeks. We are from Birmingham, sad to say I missed that part in the forum when you organised that meeting in Birmingham:(. We could have come and met everyone. Anyway, I'm Jenny (I'm a nurse), we've got 3 kids, 2 girls Thea (15), Angelica (12) and a boy Jean (7). We have lodged our subclass 457 visa in February 08, medicals done 1st week of March and we are just waiting for our visas (and the house to be sold).

Hope to meet everyone in Adelaide.

Jenny

Guest Trakki

Hello and welcome to PIA, we are at the same stage as you. 175 applied for, just waiting now and still got house to sell.

Look forward to getting to know you

Hi Jenny my name is Sue I am also a nurse and going on 457 visa medicals done two weeks ago had to have follow up with cardiologist all ok visa now being processed. I have a job at Flinders Private Hospital in Bedford Park . Where will you be working? I am in the process of trying to sell our house, very stressful, I hope to be out there in July, my husband may have to stay and sell up but ideally we will all go together me SUE 49 HUBBY BILLY 51 SONS JOSEPH 22 RYAN 17 AND LIAM 15 MICHAEL 26 already over there and loving it,

Guest alibongo

Hi Jenny

I am also a nurse and have applied for visa 175. hoping to live in Northern suburbs near Gawler. will hopefully be working as a practice nurse there. have had police checks and medicals in MArch so just waiting now..oh and trying to sell the house!!

We will all get there in the end

Good luck with it all

Ali

Guest thebigfam

Hi Tracey, Sue, Jacqui,Ali, and Simon. Many thanks for welcoming thebigfam. We are very excited to meet all of you.:)

Hi Sue! So glad to know we're gonna work in the same hospital:jiggy: I've got a job at Flinders Private as a Theatre Nurse. I am currently an Advanced Theatre Practitioner, working in one of the NHS Trusts in Birmingham. We have started looking for rental properties near Bedford Park thru the internet, walking distance from the hospital as much as possible. We've got friends in Adelaide offering accommodation while we are looking for a house to rent, thanks to them. Like you, my husband may have to stay until the house is sold, but we are praying that we'll all go together. fingers crossed.

Guest thebigfam

Hi Tracey, Sue, Jacqui,Ali, and Simon. Many thanks for welcoming thebigfam. We are very excited to meet all of you.:)

Hi Sue! So glad to know we're gonna work in the same hospital:jiggy: I've got a job at Flinders Private as a Theatre Nurse. I am currently an Advanced Theatre Practitioner, working in one of the NHS Trusts in Birmingham. We have started looking for rental properties near Bedford Park thru the internet, walking distance from the hospital as much as possible. We've got friends in Adelaide offering accommodation while we are looking for a house to rent, thanks to them. Like you, my husband may have to stay until the house is sold, but we are praying that we'll all go together. fingers crossed.

Hi Flinders Private is right next door to Flinders Hospital. Parking is a real issue although there is alargish carpark. Bedford Park as a suburb is ok, lots ofstudent accommodation because Flinders Uni is next to the hospitals. If you want to be in walking distance, have a look at Eden Hills which is just above the hospitals but in the start of the hills. The schools are better. If you live in Bedford park then Pasadena High or Hamilton are the schools and they are not that great. The government changed Pasadena's name to get rid of the stigma it had. The primary schools are a bit mixed too.

Cheers

Rachel

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia :wubclub:

i am not a nurse (;)) but we too have sent everything off and are just waiting now .. and waiting ...

and of course for our house to sell :wacko:

good luck!