Hello from Greg & Dani

Guest Greg & Dani

Guest Greg & Dani

Hi Everyone

We've recently joined the forum and thought it was time to say hello and introduce ourselves.

We are currently applying for a 175visa - we have just completed our medicals and are trying hard to sell our house while waiting for the visa. Hopefully we will be over in Adelaide by August.

I am a 33yr old engineer and Dani is a 27yr old pastry chef. We are living in Sunderland and can't wait to get to Oz for a bit of sunshine.:)

Over the next few weeks I am sure we are going to have loads of questions but my main worry at the moment is finding a reliable shipping company, has anyone got any good suggestions?:confused:

Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Cheers

Greg & Dani

Guest alibongo

Hi Greg and Dani

welcome to the site,

we are in exactly the same position trying to sell the house and did our meds at the beginning of the month waiting for a case officer and then hopefully the visa. if all goes to plan should be out there in June/July.

As for shipping firms we are just waiting for quotes to come through PSS. this guy and the guy from pickfords were very professional and seemed knowledgeable. although have heard that pickfords have had some trouble so won't be going with them just in case they lose our shipment!! also had ********* over. i think it is important to have a few quotes then make up your mind when you have them all in..

Good luck

Ali

Guest Greg & Dani

Thanks Ali

Good to know someone else is in the same boat - been looking on the internet and found a few companies - I suppose its just about ringing around and getting quotes - also wondering if there are any companies to avoid you know if people in the forum have had bad experiences with them.

Cheers & good luck

Greg and Dani

Guest Libby1971

We used Whites who were brilliant IMO. Very professional, no damage and incredibly patient with a neurotic, stressed out woman demanding to know the precautions they would take over a big ornament (present to my daughter from my late dad).

I would recommend you at leat get a quote from them because they were great.

Libby

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia!

have a look on www.adelaidebound.com there is a list of shippers and just phone a few for quotes and see how you get on with them!

i guess we should look into this matter soon too - we'd like to go sometime this summer - but we are still undecided what to take :nah:

hello greg and danni, im silv, when we emigrated to adelaide 2 years ago we went with bishops move purely because they were close to where we lived in cornwall they turned out to be very good had no problem sending our goods out and back, now hopefuuly they will be sending our goods out again. my friend also used them last november to ship all her goods to newcastle nsw she had no problem either. hope that can help you. hope everything thing goes well for you, silv