Are we doing the right thing

Guest United 1999

Guest United 1999

I have just found this site via google and would appreciate any input I've just read that plumbers are struggling so I require some assurance we are about 1 monuth into our application I am a fully qualified bricklayer with 20 years experience we are looking to immigrate in about 12 months time we have been given Adelaide or Perth as our options I have googled bricklaying jobs in adelaide nothing came up I did the same for Perth and 20 came up we would prefer to settle in Adelaide but we are concerned that they might not be enough work can anyone advise us on bricklaying jobs in Adelaide are there plenty of opportunities or is our agent thinking about his fee??

Guest moonraker1959

My two brothers are both bricklayers and live in Adelaide (have done since 1970)and unfortunately have had to temporarily move to Perth to find work.(My brothers partner has a son in Perth who has his own building business).This is the first time they've ever had to do that!Sometimes when work has been short they have managed to find bits and bobs further afield in SA (country area's)but have never until this year had to go interstate for work.Sorry its not a positive post but I can only speak from talking to both my brothers.Alot of work in the building trade can be word of mouth,so even though the job sites advertise minimal jobs,it does'nt mean thats the only jobs out there in that state if you know what I mean.Good luck and stay flexible re work.You may have to find something first out of the building area,and go from there!

Guest United 1999

Thanks for your reply state sponsorship is only open to Perth or Adelaide for bricklayers do you think Adelaide will be removed ? Is Perth the better option?

Hi United,from my understanding and from reading posts on migration sites such as this,just because the jobs are on the list does'nt mean they're available if that makes sense.I've read a few posts over the years from people who have migrated (their skills are on the list)to find work in that area is quite thin on the ground,and lots of applicants going for the same job.Its not impossible,it just makes it harder.I wish I could be more positive for you.