Hello all

Guest Django

Guest Django

Just joined the forum after having finally deciding to make the big move from Lincolnshire. I will know doubt be quizzing you all in the near future about visas and the like. :?

We(Tracey, the kids and myself) chose Adelaide after much googleing and research into work and cost of living etc. Look forward to finding out more from you guys and girls in the near future.

Pete

Guest jen/nee

Welcome Pete. We are fairly new on here and are asking questions, lets face it if you don't ask you don't get. Just puttng our TRA together which seems to be the hardest part, well I think so making sure you have everything that is requi)red.

Jen

Vivere Et Somniare (Live the Dream) :):):)

Guest dglamoore

Welcome to the forum Pete :D

Lots of friendly people on here to help you out with any questions. We are off oursleves in a few weeks after getting our visa in Feb. There is a good mix on here of people in UK at different stage plus some in Adelaide :D

Good luck with it all

Lisa

Guest Django

Thanks for the welcome. :D

When we first decided to move I didn't realise how much to it there was. Talk about a mine field. Big adventure though. Form filling starts tomorrow. :P

Guest Aussiebound
Just joined the forum after having finally deciding to make the big move from Lincolnshire. I will know doubt be quizzing you all in the near future about visas and the like. :?

We(Tracey, the kids and myself) chose Adelaide after much googleing and research into work and cost of living etc. Look forward to finding out more from you guys and girls in the near future.

Pete

Hi Pete

We are also in the early stages of the visa process, also from Lincolnshire! Whereabouts are you, we are in Boston. Just in the process of completing TRA forms. :lol: What trade are you going across as? Neil is a Welder Fabricator here but agent thinks he will be classed as a Metal Fabricator / Boilermaker in Oz. I am a Special Needs Teaching Assistant but havn't been qualified long enough for qualifications to count on visa process. :cry:

Big decisions, :? we where originally going to Adelaide, then decided Perth but was too expenive, then Brisbane but was too hot, now back to Adelaide, seems best all round for housing, education, lifestyle etc. Also, as you will understand, living in Lincolnshire limits you to where you can go next! :?

Have been in touch with a few people from the Pom In Brisbane site and are arranging a bar-b-que in the next few months for us all to get together, you'll have to join us. :):D :lol: :D:) :lol:

Hope you are getting on Ok with the visa process :lol:

from Sarah, Neil, Holly (6) and Elise (3)

Guest Django

Hi Sarah,

Yes we moved up to Lincs from the London area becasue of house prices and you're right there's not many places you can move to due to the fact that house prices are more expensive everywhere else. We do love it here but the chance of going to Oz and the better life style for the children is not to be passed by.

We chose Adelaide because Perth we felt was cut off from everywhere else, Sydney too busy and expensive. I love the idea of living in Brissie but Tracey really dosen't do too much heat. :D Although I have friends in Melbourne, the place for some reason just doesn't appeal :?

We are in Gainsborough. I'm a driving Instructor that now wishes he kept up the plumbing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but Tracey being a children's nurse fits the criteria. :D:D

Pete, Tracey, Jack (6), Sophie (4), Niamh (1), and bump due in July. :P

Guest happy-jools

Hi Pete & Tracey

Welcome to the site.

We are fairly new to this forum. Its great though and very (very) addictive.

We passed our TRA assessment, found out last week. YEAH :lol:

Lots of friendly people on here so just ask away.

BBQ sounds good, may wait till Adelaide.x