Guest lillywill

Guest lillywill

Me and my partner are considering emigrating to Adelaide with our two children aged 11 and 6, my occupation is on the nominated skilled list as a bricklayer, any advice on were to live etc... would really be appreciated.

Welcome......most Aussies live in a house but you could always buck the trend ;-)

On a more serious note you have asked a question that will spark lively debate......you see there is a north - south divide in South Australia just like the UK.

Let the fun begin....

Actually the only place there is a North South divide is on this forum - in Adelaide there is actually an East West divide!

Work will be the deciding factor I believe in your case - I'd start off somewhere as central as you can, so that you don't limit yourself: If you find most work is on the Fleurieu peninsula, you wouldn't want to be living in Golden Grove - but if you find most work is around Gawler, you wouldn't want to be living in Aldinga!

Welcome LillyWill,

Good luck with you move to Adelaide. It's a nice city. But not for everyone. Can you give us some insight into what type of house you want. If you want to be in or near the city, or beach. Do you like he country side, hills or beach. The more information you give. The better the advise. I hope.

But, everyone on here knows the eastern suburbs are best. But some members like to pretend otherwise.

Ding. Ding. Round one. LOL! :biggrin:

Having always lived by the coast in the UK, it was always going to be the western burbs for us. But each to their own. 20 mins to work for us both one way and 10 to the beach the other is pretty much unbeatable for us. Work takes me out and about a fair bit, and I think all areas have pro's and cons. It's all work and lifestyle dependent. The order we did things in was, rent a house, find jobs, move close to both jobs but with lifestyle options in mind. I finish work in the city, swing by the house and swap uniform for beach kit, down the beach swim and body board etc, works forgotten in a heart beat, boo hoo lifes so cruel.

Not forgetting of courses the nightly i phone visit to facebook, to laugh at the moaning, doom and gloom offered up daily by friends and relatives enduring the Uk.

OP don't worry about where to live when you get here, and don't 'consider' moving here, just get it done.

Guest lillywill

Hi,

thanks for replying, my partner and myself are looking at properties in the flagstaff hill area, any information about this area will be appreciated. Eg primary and high schools, things to do for children and generally the local area itself.