H E L P

Guest bandit

Guest bandit

hi all found this site while looking for info on adelaide looking to move out there with you all,looking for a job as a plumbre+heating engineer corgi reg.passed skilled visa have to start somewhere and thoute nothing better than people who have already done it to talk to and find out more about getting thing started at my end too,would love to here from any-body that can help, many thanks brian:p

Guest alibongo

welcome to PIA Brian,

Sorry cant help with your questions but someone will I am sure..We are still in UK but hoping to be out there by the summer....with a lot of luck

Ali

Guest Django

Hi Brian,

Welcome to PIA. I'm just over the otherside of the Humber to you in Gainsborough but hopefully not for much longer. Good luck with it all.

Pete

hi mozzy, im silv thank you so much for that site, i`ve been looking up about adelaide for a few years and i`ve never come across it once, its fantastics, again thanks, silv

Guest suejohndan

Hi Brian,

We have had our visa granted and are just waiting for the sale of our house then we will be off. My Husband is a gas fitter/plumber and we have been looking into work and it seems hard to get a lisence to be able to work without supervision. He has all of his qualifications and 13 years experiance but has been told he will have to go to night school for 2 years to be at the australian standard even though he passed the TRA with no problems. We e-mailed the South Australian goverment and asked if he could be doing anything at this side to be helping and they said no not till you get here. Apparently the goverment are looking into skilled migrants having these problems and they are looking into solving the problem but god knows when.

Hopefully it will be sorted out for when we get there.

When are you hoping to go?

Good Luck

Hi Brian,

We have had our visa granted and are just waiting for the sale of our house then we will be off. My Husband is a gas fitter/plumber and we have been looking into work and it seems hard to get a lisence to be able to work without supervision. He has all of his qualifications and 13 years experiance but has been told he will have to go to night school for 2 years to be at the australian standard even though he passed the TRA with no problems. We e-mailed the South Australian goverment and asked if he could be doing anything at this side to be helping and they said no not till you get here. Apparently the goverment are looking into skilled migrants having these problems and they are looking into solving the problem but god knows when.

Hopefully it will be sorted out for when we get there.

When are you hoping to go?

Good Luck

Just reading your post and I'd have to agree with the problems plumbers are facing here. A previous guest of mine called round yesterday and was totally pi**ed off with the lack of communication between gov departments and also the fact that he has to go back to college for something he's already qualified and experienced in.

Immi phoned him the other day wanting his comments as they've had loads of complaints, so he's going down to see them next week.

He's now decided not to persue plumbing here but to train in a security job instead. Its better paid and feels he'll be more respected, as now he's just treated like an apprentice.

Judi x

Guest bandit

hi all thanks for replies,been in touch with my mate in adelaide,he tell me that you have to be trained up to get liecense to work on your own,but you can still work for plumbing or gas firm that already has a liecense to carry that type of work out.is going out to aussie land soon to have a look for me self an see what type of work they is out there.