Let me introduce ourselves...

Guest Jon&Linds

Guest Jon&Linds

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan(39), my wife is Lindsay(39) and our 8 year old son is Kinlay. We are fairly early on in our visa process and the Vetassess is currently on going. I have my IELTS this saturday (9th) in Manchester.

I am a sports therapist with my own private practice in Blackpool. We do not have jobs sorted yet but we are both hard workers so hopefully this won't take too long.

We are hopefully coming out to Adelaide in November this year. My agent tells me if all goes well, we should have our permanent residency visa around August/September. I have had a look at some areas around Adelaide and they all sound fab. I particularly like the sound of the north east suburbs such as Golden Grove, Mawsons Lake, Fairview Park, Banksia Park etc. Any info on these or other areas would be greatly appreciated. I have not gone too deep into it as I don't want to tempt fate!

I have noticed there are few other people who are in similar positions who are posting on here as well so sorry if I am repeating any questions. I will post on the other threads that sound similar to us.

If anyone wants to get in touch in the uk to share experiences or help each other we would be more than grateful. Also, all you guys in Oz, we would love to hear from you as we will need friends when we get out there!

Thanks for reading my post and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan, Lindsay & KInlay.

Guest Jon&Linds
Hi and welcome to the forum. How is Blackpool these days, I use to love going to the illuminations

Going downhill fast I'm afraid. Hence one of the many reasons we want out of this country.

Hi Jon and Linds and welcome to the forum.

We are also near Blackpool and just waiting to sell our house which in our case is a real struggle :-(( so if you are selling your house get it on the market ASAP.....it may take longer than you think :-(

If you want to chat let e know and I'm sure we could find some time to meet or talk.

Ktee - Blackpool has gone downhill steadily for the past 20 years, unfortunately! The illuminations are still going strong but I ever saw the fascination in a loud of light bulbs...lol

Guest Guest11535

Good morning Jon&linds, welcome to the forum.

we too are well on the way now and we are also in the NW. I have arranged a meet today ( I know it's short notice) but you are more than welcome to attend. It's on the thread "another north west meet" with directions post code etc. I went to Arnold school on Latham road and have some fond memories of the town.

good if you could make it and meet up.

best regards

Gary, Sally OH, Gaby(10)

Edited by Guest11535

Guest Jon&Linds
Hi Jon and Linds and welcome to the forum.

We are also near Blackpool and just waiting to sell our house which in our case is a real struggle :-(( so if you are selling your house get it on the market ASAP.....it may take longer than you think :-(

If you want to chat let e know and I'm sure we could find some time to meet or talk.

Ktee - Blackpool has gone downhill steadily for the past 20 years, unfortunately! The illuminations are still going strong but I ever saw the fascination in a loud of light bulbs...lol

Hi misplaced, great to hear from you.

We have a house already on the market, but we are in a fortunate position that we can rent it out while in Oz if needed. It's only been on a few weeks so very early days.

Guest Jon&Linds
Good morning Jon&linds, welcome to the forum.

we too are well on the way now and we are also in the NW. I have arranged a meet today ( I know it's short notice) but you are more than welcome to attend. It's on the thread "another north west meet" with directions post code etc. I went to Arnold school on Latham road and have some fond memories of the town.

good if you could make it and meet up.

best regards

Gary, Sally OH, Gaby(10)

Thanks Gary, I'll look for the details but as you say, might be short notice. If there are more meets in the pipeline, I'll be sure to attend.

You mention that you are hoping to come out in November, I just want to give you the heads up (although you may already know this but it may help others reading) that Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the hardest months to find work in Adelaide. You may get lucky, people do - right place at the right time and all that, but if you have not experiences the 'Adelaide shut down' it can come as a shock to people if they have limited funds to survive on.

Guest Jon&Linds
You mention that you are hoping to come out in November, I just want to give you the heads up (although you may already know this but it may help others reading) that Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the hardest months to find work in Adelaide. You may get lucky, people do - right place at the right time and all that, but if you have not experiences the 'Adelaide shut down' it can come as a shock to people if they have limited funds to survive on.

Thanks for the intel Jessica. We are under no illusions that we will walk straight into a job and if it takes a few months, that is ok. We want to get settled and be ready for the new school year in January as a priority.

We'll just have to see it as an extended holiday!

Jonathan.

Guest rooney74

Hi Jonathan,

We have just applied for our 457 visa, should here something this week hopefully.

We are hoping to go end of April so its all happening fast now.

We are not so far from you near Accrington :)

Good luck with the process.

Anthony & Kirsten

Guest Jon&Linds
Hi Jonathan,

We have just applied for our 457 visa, should here something this week hopefully.

We are hoping to go end of April so its all happening fast now.

We are not so far from you near Accrington :)

Good luck with the process.

Anthony & Kirsten

Good Luck Anthony & Kirsten!

I hope it is all positive news. If you want to share your experiences, Please let me know!

Jonathan.

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan(39), my wife is Lindsay(39) and our 8 year old son is Kinlay. We are fairly early on in our visa process and the Vetassess is currently on going. I have my IELTS this saturday (9th) in Manchester.

I am a sports therapist with my own private practice in Blackpool. We do not have jobs sorted yet but we are both hard workers so hopefully this won't take too long.

We are hopefully coming out to Adelaide in November this year. My agent tells me if all goes well, we should have our permanent residency visa around August/September. I have had a look at some areas around Adelaide and they all sound fab. I particularly like the sound of the north east suburbs such as Golden Grove, Mawsons Lake, Fairview Park, Banksia Park etc. Any info on these or other areas would be greatly appreciated. I have not gone too deep into it as I don't want to tempt fate!

I have noticed there are few other people who are in similar positions who are posting on here as well so sorry if I am repeating any questions. I will post on the other threads that sound similar to us.

If anyone wants to get in touch in the uk to share experiences or help each other we would be more than grateful. Also, all you guys in Oz, we would love to hear from you as we will need friends when we get out there!

Thanks for reading my post and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan, Lindsay & KInlay.

Hi Jonathan, Lindsay & Kinlay =)

We're a bit behind you even, & just literally in our first week of the process! Looking forward to what's to come though.

We're not too far from your neck of the woods - we're over near Burnley. Were at the Sealife Centre in Blackpool last weekend! =)

Amy & Tom x

Guest Jon&Linds

We're a bit behind you even, & just literally in our first week of the process! Looking forward to what's to come though.

We're not too far from your neck of the woods - we're over near Burnley. Were at the Sealife Centre in Blackpool last weekend! =)

Good to hear from you Amy & Tom

My parents live just down the road in Rawtenstall so I get over that way quite a bit. If you facy meeting for a beer one day it would be a pleasure.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan.

Good to hear from you Amy & Tom

My parents live just down the road in Rawtenstall so I get over that way quite a bit. If you facy meeting for a beer one day it would be a pleasure.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan.

That'd be great Jonathan. Send me a private message next time you're heading over, & if we're free we can arrange something

Guest Jon&Linds

That'd be great Jonathan. Send me a private message next time you're heading over, & if we're free we can arrange something

I will do, thanks.