brighton and surrounding areas

Guest shortstuff

Guest shortstuff

:goofy:Hello, I had a positive response back about Brighton , and what a good place it would be for a family, but can anyone tell what the close surrounding areas are? as Brighton housing looks a bit expensive in places, and I was hoping for a new build or community style housing development. How close would these areas be to get the kids to school if they went to the Brighton High? also my boy will be 11 in july and starting year 7 high school in the uk in sept, what year will he be in in OZ and will it be primary school still? sorry for all the questions, but it is so difficult to choose a good place and schools etc, when you have never been and are looking at it blind if you see what i mean. Looking at the forums and where people live, I guess that these areas are nice and you have nice housing, but cant find a detailed map to see how close they are, I am rambling now, so many questions!!!! feel like a fish out of water at times, thanks in advance for any help from Kathryn:notworthy:

Guest Libby1971

Hello

Yes your son will be in primary school for another year if he is in year 7.

One of the issues with Brighton is that as it is close to the city, there are almost no plots of land to build on and I am almost certain no new developments. You will either find an existing property and move in or find a plot that has a really old house on it, buy it, knock it down and build something else on top. The latter idea is really popular here at the moment but sorry, no new developments there. The nearest place that is building is probably Sheidow Park, possibly Marino but these suburbs are out of zone for Brighton High.

Libby

Guest shortstuff

Thanks for the info, very helpfull, I will take a look at both those sitres mentioned, cheers from Kathryn:notworthy:

Hello

Yes your son will be in primary school for another year if he is in year 7.

One of the issues with Brighton is that as it is close to the city, there are almost no plots of land to build on and I am almost certain no new developments. You will either find an existing property and move in or find a plot that has a really old house on it, buy it, knock it down and build something else on top. The latter idea is really popular here at the moment but sorry, no new developments there. The nearest place that is building is probably Sheidow Park, possibly Marino but these suburbs are out of zone for Brighton High.

Libby