• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Decided to make the move - Just dont know where to start??

13 times
      All of this information is there for you on the DIAC website. Go to www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect & identify the appropriate visa class. Much better than doing it all piecemeal

958 times
      Quote Originally Posted by richard300 View Post
      And I recently passed all my Nebosh qualifications in

•Management of health and safety
      •Health and safety practical application
      •Controlling workplace hazards
      •Full Nebosh certificate in occupational Health and safety

In the UK this is the relevant qualification for H&S based employment.

I get the impression that my wife is likely to find work quite easily in any location, but some people have said that my qualifications might be more applicable in Western Australia where there is mining and other industrial business???
      When you talk about your qualifications I am assuming you are referring to your health and safety quals. As you say 'in the UK this is the relevant qualification for H&S', but this is not an Australian qualification that gives you the knowledge of Australian Work, Health and Safety Laws. I am sure the knowledge would be transferable to some areas and gives you a level of skill in this area and obviously gives you an overall understanding of OHS but I would not use these quals as a basis for determining whether to go to Perth or Adelaide.

As you are at the start of the journey, it is difficult to say which place would suit your family, in reality only you can make that decision. We have a good life in Adelaide and I still believe it is a great place to live but it is not for everyone, in the same way that Perth will be great for some and not for others.

Hi everyone - just want to introduce myself. My family will be moving to Adelaide in January please god. I was born in Darwin so I am lucky to already have Oz passport. Im in the process of getting my 2 girls (aged 1 and 2) their citizenship by decent and then once that is done I can get their passports. I also have to get my husband his spouse visa which takes 8-9 months. The application for that is so long but hope to have it all sorted by January!

We are going through a company (Sandy Coates) which helps families make the move, get accomodation, car, job, accounts etc. has anyone else used her services? It seems great. Were not sure whereabouts in Adelaide to go, I guess it depends where the work is. My husband works in construction and i work in admin. My main concern is the kids have a nice school to go to & we live in a nice area. The main reason for the move is we want a better life for the kids!

I hope we can get to know other irish families soon! Sara :-)

Christies Beach SA
      54 times
      Hi, sorry for the late reply, and again, thanks for all the advice....
      Had a mad couple of weeks, with lots of other stuff going on, so not visited the forum..

​We definitely feel that Adelaide is the place for us (as opposed to Perth) the biggest decisioned is what type of visa we go for. Initially we were thinking about a state sponsored visa, but now were are going to pursue an employer sponsored visa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12